Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few suggestions for Thom!

4 posters

Go down

Few suggestions for Thom! Empty Few suggestions for Thom!

Post by sugarpuff Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 pm

This is for Thom (where are you Thom!)...

Was thinking today - I belong to a couple of 'celeb' forums and we've always got a message section where we can leave messages of support or Birthday etc etc messages, even a section for the actual person to come on and post a message to us all if they so wish. Can we have one on here please, if you agree it's ok??

Then Chris can come on and say hello himself.....perhaps....if he likes... Laughing

Also, now the forum is getting quite established..if you're not around Thom to check on things...maybe there should be a couple of 'moderators' to ensure everything runs smoothly, open up new sections, move topics around if they're in the wrong place, delete unwanted posts etc etc, add new smilies maybe.

Just ignore me if I'm talking nonsense lol!
sugarpuff
sugarpuff

Back to top Go down

Few suggestions for Thom! Empty Re: Few suggestions for Thom!

Post by SmileAWhile Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:39 am

^Agreed! They're great suggestions. Especially agree about the mods because it is quite important to have a mod or two to keep a check on things when the Admin isn't available.

If any other ideas come to mind, I'll post them here too Smile
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarpuff Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:56 am

If you click on 'usergroups' at the top of the page there seems to be an option to request to join the moderator group? I always thought it was down to Admin to nominate people, usually those that are frequently on line and are active in posting. I haven't clicked on it myself, I don't believe I'm any more 'qualified' for the role than anyone else lol....but I don't suppose there's any harm in anybody doing so if you want to request that you be a mod.

Maybe Thom is having a long Sleep lol.
sugarpuff
sugarpuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:22 am

Yeah sounds good. Lisa and Jess have their own "announcements" section where they post messages to us fans. Thing is, would Chris post in it? He's so private and trys to stay out of the limelight so i dunno if he would. It'd kinda be a waste of space to have it and its never used.

We could a have "Messages to Chris" section, were us fans can post messages and stuff for him to read. Cause even if he doesn't reply, he'd at least read them.

I really hope he does sign up. With just us guys here, none of us are gonna go spazz and flood his inbox with messages. And once word is out, we'll gain new members (hopefully legit fans like us) and the forum will get even more popular.

They're great ideas. Just need the go ahead from Thom. Does he have offical contact with Chris? Maybe he could ask him?

As for the moderators thing. I've put my name down under the usergroups and i think Nicole and Donna have as well. So go ahead and put your name down if you want to Sugarpuff. We definitely need a mod IMO. Very Happy
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:19 am

^ I haven't put my name under the usergroups. But i definitely agree about the mods thing. Who ends up making the decision on who gets to be mod? Coz if it's the admin we might be waiting for a while before anyone gets to be mod..... lol. Question
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:25 pm

^Its his forum so he's decision yep. I don't care who here is a mod. We'd all do a decent job.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down