Last TV Show You Watched.

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Re: Last TV Show You Watched.

Post by DJ on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:52 pm

Glee is quite funny. I was surprised about how much I enjoyed it. I am also looking forward to the new Underbelly here in Australia.

Yeah the Doctor was so sad. I had tears streaming down my face. I have loved the Doctor for a very long time and to be so attached to an actor on the show was just intense.

I was upset when Rose left (The Doctor has had a few companions but this was his true love), and the whole never see each other again thing but when David left I felt like part of my world died- my housemate called me a pussy and told a few work colleagues it took a bit to live it down. I am a huge Doctor fan.

Currently I have been watching a TV series from the UK called Being Human. It is quite different. It is a supernatural drama-comedy series about three apparent twenty-something characters sharing a house in Bristol, trying to live a normal social life, despite being a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost respectively.

I got it sent to me by a friend whom was traveling in the UK; she said it was my type of show.
DJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:30 am

^ I've only managed to catch a couple of episodes of that DJ, but it doesn't look too bad! Quite funny in parts, but like I said, I have hardly watched any of it. May give it a go after my exams and my many other programmes come to an end!

rhi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:55 pm

It is a good show. I have season one in a box set. A friend of mine whom used to live in the UK had watched it on BBC3 and thought it would be something I liked- she sent it to me for Christmas and I have been watching a bit of it here and there but have started being drawn in and quite enjoy it.

I am also sorry to say it watching Gossip Girl. I am currently in love with Leighton Meester; I watched an interview with her and she seemed quite intelligent and is quite beautiful. A few of the guys and girls here at work watch the show. I have borrowed the first season of my housemates girlfriend (she has been raving on and on about how good it is) and have started to like it. HOW SAD AM I. I am almost 28 and have started to get addicted to a tween TV show. What is next I will watch the OC?? I think I might have to start playing football again to bring out my manly side. Laughing
DJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Dont knock The OC! Razz I used to love that shit!
Sarah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm watching Ashes to Ashes right now. I must say, when it first came out I was quite sceptical of it, and didn't think it would be as good as Life On Mars, but is has exceeded my expectations and is brilliant! I wish Alex and Gene would hurry up and get it on though!
Sarah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:49 pm

I watched Glee yesterday! They just aired the last episode of the first half of season 1 in the UK. I love that show so much! At first I was a little skeptical about the storyline but I still enjoyed their covers of songs. Then I became more convinced with where the storyline was going and there have been some great acting moments. Can't wait to watch the new episodes! Very Happy

I read about Jamie's Food Revolution doing quite well ratings-wise in the US. I remember when he took on reforming British school dinners by making them more healthy and he actually succeeded in some ways.

Top Summer Heights High Quotes
Mr. G: This is a big show I did last year, Tsunamarama, which was about the Tsunami tragedy set to the music of Bananarama.
Ja'mie: I love your bins, they're so random.
Jonah: Fuck you, miss. I said, "Puck you" with a 'p'. Donít you even know how to spell, miss?
SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Thu May 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Modern Family recently started here in Australia and it's been pretty funny so far. But no matter what I see Ed O'Neil in I can only picture him as Al Bundy LOL.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:13 pm

I recommend 'Review with Myles Barlow' (my current avatar) for Chris Lilley fans, the content of the shows aren't really the same but they are similar in their mockumentary type of style, and pushing the envelope and being controversial, also they're both Aussie and on the ABC and AFI winners, so youtube it! It has been on here for a while but I only discovered it at Christmas time, it is very hilarious! 'Myles Barlow' reviews things, but not art or movies or food, her reviews everything, he receives letters, explores the theme of the letter by experiencing it himself and then rates it. For example someone writes to him complaining about their dickhead mate, so Myles befriends a dickhead who takes him up to schoolies, 'the holy grail for dickheads', gets drunk with him and some school leavers and gives it 4 stars out of 5. It's very funny, sometimes dark and quite full on too. I give it 5 stars.

Last edited by Sarah ;) on Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Sarah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:20 pm

^Can you upload some clips? I watched a couple on fb, it was HILARIOUS!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah on Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:19 am

I know how funny were they! I think it's a brilliant show, here are some more clips for you:
This one is one of my favourites, his review on criticism (parts one and two). LOL at the comments on his daughter's drawing!! (The guy he argues with in the cafe in part two is David Stratton, the co-host of a review show on the ABC called 'At The Movies with Margaret and David'). And I love the over the top metaphors he goes into at the end of a review, very funny!

This is a mini review on c*ck blocking which gave me a good laugh!

And finally, this is a preview of season 2 that I just found, I haven't bought season 2 yet but it looks hilarious!! Am tempted to go buy it now

Hope you got a laugh out of them!

Sarah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:36 am

Just watched the newest ep of Being Human (UK). Lawd, I love this show so much.
Karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie :3 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:17 am

I watched Little Britain Smile haven't heard of "being human" was it good? Smile
Lizzie :3

View user profile http://beyond-the-pink-sky.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:38 pm

I love it! It centers around a vampire, werewolf and a ghost living together. It might sound strange, but it works and the actors are all fantastic. Plus, Aidan Turner is fiiiiiiinnnneeeee.

There's also a US version of the show (of course) but I don't like it at all.
Karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie :3 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:57 am

Oo sounds interesting! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaky Nut on Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:44 am

Sarah Wink wrote:I know how funny were they! I think it's a brilliant show, here are some more clips for you:
This one is one of my favourites, his review on criticism (parts one and two). LOL at the comments on his daughter's drawing!! (The guy he argues with in the cafe in part two is David Stratton, the co-host of a review show on the ABC called 'At The Movies with Margaret and David'). And I love the over the top metaphors he goes into at the end of a review, very funny!

This is a mini review on c*ck blocking which gave me a good laugh!

And finally, this is a preview of season 2 that I just found, I haven't bought season 2 yet but it looks hilarious!! Am tempted to go buy it now

Hope you got a laugh out of them!

Sarah this show looks positively hilarious, Any other Ausie shows you can recommend? I saw the complete series of Wilfred already, I liked it, but I didn't love it. And actually, I don't really care for American remakes, but they are remaking this show, but I think they can put an interesting quirky twist on it. Plus I really like Jason Gann, and I believe he can keep it fresh. Heres a behind the scenes look...

and a promo ad. if you're intrinstid.

As for shows I'm watching...

Just wrapped up on Uk series 5 of Skins (I'm an adult, I know, haha, but the stories and cuts are so good, and the MUSIC!)

Got done watching Series 2 of Outnumbered, and starting Series 3. I think its a pretty funny show, especially since the two main kids improvise if not all, Most of of their lines. Normally I don't like rotten bratty spoiled children, but on tv they are hilarious. Those kids will go far, naturals.

And I saw a clip of of this Oldie Uk Show, The Young Ones...anyone heard of it? I think it has drop dead fred in it(the actor), and I'm thinking of looking it up further.

And I LOVE being human, its like a more toned down/ deeper version of True Blood, not that that's a bad thing. They're both great. I'm starting the third series, and awaiting the 4th season of True Blood in July. Along w/ WEEDS and DEXTER.

And I'm watching Parks and Recreation, for any of you who like the Office, Uk or US....Its a FANTASTIC show, and has the best cast.

ANOTHER RECOMMEND, to anyone and everyone...The It Crowd!! And if anyone knows it, Is there gonna be a 5th series?

And lastly.. my trash tv * embarrassed sigh*....The Jersey Shore. Does anyone know of that sad, but extremely addicting nonsense? Snookie.

And double lastly, can anyone recommend any great shows over seas on your end, I love what you got.

P.s...I love tv, if you couldn't tell Cool
Sneaky Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie :3 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:00 am

Haha Wowza James, that's a hell of a lot of shows! Very Happy
I love Little Britain Wink it's the bomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:07 am

I have the first season of Wilfred, it is good but I do admit since I bought it I've only watched it twice! And yes, Review with Myles Barlow is absolutely fantastic, I love it!!! Phil Lloyd (Myles Barlow) is genius. Am going to buy season 2 soon when the ABC shop decides to lower the price a little! I love the show but the way electricity bills and petrol is going at the moment I CANT AFFORD SHIT!
Sarah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:40 pm

The IT crowd is great! Outnumbered is fantastic too, really heart warming I think. I LOVE misfits, but that's finished for the time being. And my number one obsession atm is a panel show called celebrity juice.......I just love Keith Lemon HAHAHA

rhi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sneaky Nut on Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:31 pm

@ Lizzie, Yeah, its kind of ridiculous how much Tv I watch, what do you expect w/ my american-ness-ness. But really I just flat out love stories and characters. And I've seen Little Britain, its HILARIOUS. Computuh sez nooooo...I even got one of my other coworkers addicted to that show, and they even bought it for their brother as a surprise christmas gift, and they ended up loving it.

@ Sarah, he sure is, that season 2 trailer looked really promising, and yes abc shop is expensive, I bought a We can be Heroes book just yesterday (limited in stock....they say) And it cost 30 dollars, I guess it was the shipping rate, its my fault really...I live over here.

@Rhi Thanks, I'll have to check out both of those

UPDATE~~~ Rhi, I just typed in Celebrity Juice in youtube, and I'm CRACKING, UP!! It reminds me a bit of "Never mind the buzzcocks" Anyhow, the Celebrity Juice clip is with Verne Troyer, a little guy, and Keith Lemon and him just acted out a scene from Jurassic Park 3, and Keith acts like a Pterodactyl and CHASES him around the panel!! lmao, and they acted out some other funny scenes. Dang, I really wish we had shows like this in the US. OR, that the Uk would release these shows on DVD (all seasons, not best of), or BBC america, oh well. Thanks again.
Sneaky Nut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie :3 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:58 am

hahaha computer says no Wink I say that to my I.T Teacher and he gets all annoyed. I love TV too! Very Happy It's nice to meet a fellow tv lover! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15