Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last TV Show You Watched.

+19
Sarah
tornmuscle
Serenity-helena
Sam
Whitney
rhi
Mark
cheesybeans
Karen
Summer
Chrissy
Camm
Piper
SmileAWhile
Hamishmash
samskudraven
Mr. G Rules
Donna.♥
Vi
23 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Last TV Show You Watched. - Page 3 Empty Re: Last TV Show You Watched.

Post by Summer Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:12 pm

I've never even seen this, (Flight of the Conchords) feel like I'm missing something amazing! From the clips you've lead me to it looks awsome and funny and a must when it is screened in May. Smile Can you see all the episodes on youtube or just bits?
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:30 am

Summer wrote:I've never even seen this, (Flight of the Conchords) feel like I'm missing something amazing! From the clips you've lead me to it looks awsome and funny and a must when it is screened in May. Smile Can you see all the episodes on youtube or just bits?

It really is a great show! Practically all of the music clips from the episodes and some live performances are up on youtube and if you enjoy them then you'll probably love the TV show as well. Full episodes aren't up on youtube but they are on the net. I would recommend watching the first season first in the meantime before the second season but you don't necessarily have to Very Happy
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamishmash Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:30 am

Oh you really should. It's got a very Chris Lilley style dead-pan style of humour and also great songs. It's probably the most dead pan show I've ever seen, you really have to get into the idea that everything they say is supposed to be a joke... and it's not just some oddly written drama with songs.

Murray is a living legend. I told that to Rhys Darby. Although he seems fully aware.
Hamishmash
Hamishmash

http://www.hamishsteele.com/

Back to top Go down

Last TV Show You Watched. - Page 3 Empty Noel Fielding, The Mighty Boosh

Post by Guest Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:37 pm

I was watching The Mighty Boosh on friday. anyway the actor Noel Fielding is 35, but far out he looks 25. (i think so anyway)
Does anyone watch The Mighty Boosh? i find it a bit werid...

Last TV Show You Watched. - Page 3 Noel-f10 Last TV Show You Watched. - Page 3 Noel-f11

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:37 pm

LOVE Noel and the Boosh!! yeah, the show is different, took me a few eps before I absolutely fell in love.

Have you ever seen his bits with Russell Brand as the Goth Detectives? Downright hysterical.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:49 pm

I've not quite got into The Mighty Boosh yet, I've seen some funny bits though. But Russell Brand and Noel Fielding are great. Laughing They are hilarious - just like naughty school children when they guest appear on shows together, like The Big Fat Quiz Of The Year etc.
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:24 am

Karona wrote:LOVE Noel and the Boosh!! yeah, the show is different, took me a few eps before I absolutely fell in love.

Have you ever seen his bits with Russell Brand as the Goth Detectives? Downright hysterical.

ive seen the ep about the elbow patchs and the bouncy bouncy one, lol i loved the elbow patches one, but the pink brain/head thing.. his voice brasses me off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamishmash Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:57 am

The radio series the show was based on and the first series of the Mighty Boosh were hilarious. Parts of series two were alright and there was about a minute worth of material from series three I liked. And the stage show I found dreadful. I think they got too reliant of reusing characters and catchphrases and bad songs. They sort of forgot why the original series worked because it mixed the quirkiness with a very normal sitcom setting. I think they go too far away from that and that's why the later series just relies on silly props and costumes and not on wit.

Anyway, rant over.
Hamishmash
Hamishmash

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:21 am

Karona wrote:LOVE Noel and the Boosh!! yeah, the show is different, took me a few eps before I absolutely fell in love.

Yes, I'm sure I've mentioned this somewhere else in these forums but Goth Detectives ftw! Noel Fielding and Russell Brand make a very good pairing. And yes I agree Summer, Noel and Russ were hilarious on 'Big Fat Quiz of the Year'- they should come back this year! And they have good banter on radio shows and stuff like that Very Happy

And I haven't properly watched The Mighty Boosh but from clips I've seen, it does seem like quite a 'surreal' programme. I've heard the first series was them at their best and it kinda went downhill from there but I do have a friend who's crazy about the show.

Today I watched 'The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency' on BBC1. I quite enjoy watching this programme. It's a welcome change from other programmes especially since it's set in Africa and the scenery is gorgeous and the storylines are quite light hearted and also hard hitting on occasions.
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:23 am

SmileAWhile wrote:Today I watched 'The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency' on BBC1. I quite enjoy watching this programme. It's a welcome change from other programmes especially since it's set in Africa and the scenery is gorgeous and the storylines are quite light hearted and also hard hitting on occasions.

Whoa, that show premiered tonight in the states. In fact, it's on right now. I thought it was an American show...so, I guess not?

And I am watching Family Guy right now. Tonight's episode is absolutely hysterical. FG hasn't made me laugh so hard in a while, but I'm also a sucker for anybody who makes fun of Kirk Cameron.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:32 am

Karona wrote:
SmileAWhile wrote:Today I watched 'The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency' on BBC1. I quite enjoy watching this programme. It's a welcome change from other programmes especially since it's set in Africa and the scenery is gorgeous and the storylines are quite light hearted and also hard hitting on occasions.

Whoa, that show premiered tonight in the states. In fact, it's on right now. I thought it was an American show...so, I guess not?

And I am watching Family Guy right now. Tonight's episode is absolutely hysterical. FG hasn't made me laugh so hard in a while, but I'm also a sucker for anybody who makes fun of Kirk Cameron.

Oh really, that's cool! I thought it was a BBC production haha, will look into it now! They showed the pilot last year and because it did well, they decided to commission it for a full series. Jill Scott is really good in it- good to see she's a talented singer and actress Smile
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:38 am

From Wikipedia:
Television network HBO and the BBC have filmed a six-part 60-minute series based on the books. The 105-minute pilot was filmed on location in Botswana and stars Jill Scott as Mma. Ramotswe. The pilot was scripted by Richard Curtis and the late Anthony Minghella.[2]

A TV series of 6 episodes is to be produced by the BBC to be shown on BBC One in the UK and on HBO in the US. In Canada, viewers can catch the series on HBO Canada on March 29, day-and-date with the U.S. An hour and three-quarter long pilot for the series was broadcast on BBC One on 23 March 2008 (Easter Sunday) with filming for the remaining episodes carried out in the summer. summer.[3] The series is currently airing every Sunday on BBC One in the UK.

There you go, it looks like it is produced by the BBC but HBO have had some input as well. I didn't know it was airing in the US too, pretty cool Smile
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:40 am

[quote="Karona"]
SmileAWhile wrote:

Is Kirk Cameron that evangelist tool who was a child actor?
And I've got nothing against people who believe in religion, just don't force it on me is all.
I'll have to get on the old interwebs and download me some new Family Guy, thanks for the tip Karona Smile

The New South Park series is hysterical. The first episode rips on the Jonas brothers and the second ep is a superhero parody, the thrid compares the recession to religion, Matt and Trey are really on the ball this season. I can't believe that South Park is still so funny 12 years on, it's a rare feat for a show to stay funny (or in SP's case be even funnier) for so long. King of the Hill is another show that managed it though.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:28 am

Awesome. Thanks for that, SmileAWhile!

stupidmeatball wrote:Is Kirk Cameron that evangelist tool who was a child actor?
And I've got nothing against people who believe in religion, just don't force it on me is all.
I'll have to get on the old interwebs and download me some new Family Guy, thanks for the tip Karona Smile

The New South Park series is hysterical. The first episode rips on the Jonas brothers and the second ep is a superhero parody, the thrid compares the recession to religion, Matt and Trey are really on the ball this season. I can't believe that South Park is still so funny 12 years on, it's a rare feat for a show to stay funny (or in SP's case be even funnier) for so long. King of the Hill is another show that managed it though.

Haha, yeaaaaahh, that's him. The atheist's worst nightmare.

Oh, man. You just reminded me that I need to catch up on SP! And you're right about Trey and Matt. They are so damn brilliant.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:07 am

I am watching some really crappy (and by crappy I mean awesome) reality tv on VH1.

Tough Love and I Love Money 2.

Yes!

Spüne wrote:

Murray is a living legend. I told that to Rhys Darby. Although he seems fully aware.

Fully aware as in "needs to be taken down a notch"? If so, that sucks... that would totally taint my feelings toward him. He was well on the way to celeb crush status. Damn!
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamishmash Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:41 pm

Nah he was lovely and very humble that Bret and Jemaine had offered him the role because it was his first television role. He said how he owes everything to them generally because they also gave him recognition in the radio series before they did HBO. He just knew that some people (like me) think Murray is the best thing about the show which he thinks is quite amusing. But typical Rhys, in his standup he does play on being a bit egotistical.

I've a pic of me and him somewhere on the forum but I can't find it...
Hamishmash
Hamishmash

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:21 pm

Murray was at the Australian MTV awards this past week. I'll tape it next time its on (they always show 101 repeats) and load it up for you guys. Very Happy

I've been watching one of my Beavis and Butthead DVD collections. I love them. I love OLD MTV. Beavis and Butthead, Daria, The Real World. So many good shows back in the days. Curse myself for being born 10 years too late.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:33 pm

I love Beavis and Butthead and Daria too. Beavis and Butthead Do America used to be my 'hangover movie' (that thing that you put on when hungover to try and get the old thoughtsicles working again) but had to stop because all the laughing made my head hurt more, so it's Incredibles now. And Daria was one of the best cartoons I have ever seen, it was a massive part of my growing up.
You're not 10 years too late at all Vi, its good to see theres others out there that haven't given up on the stuff they loved in their childhood Smile
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:04 pm

I'm stuck in a timewarp though LOL. Everything i like was popular at my age 10 years ago. Grunge music, clothes, TV shows etc. Yeah theres nothing wrong with liking them still now but it kinda sucks when theres no one really to talk about it with because they're all into the latest stuff only. I mean don't get me wrong, i'm not outdated. I do like modern stuff too LOL. I just would have LOVED to have been a teenager back in the 90's. But obviously i was born in 1989 for a reason...what reason i dunno yet.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Well I sometimes feel like I was born 20 years too late. One of my favourite shows aired in 92 and 93. My favourite sorts of music is rock, grunge, metal, new wave, glam rock etc the list goes on, but I have great difficulty getting into techno or hip-hop or even rap from the 00's (yet I like NWA, Public Enemy and Run-DMC). There's only been a few band's in the last 9 years to catch my attention.
Plus of my top 5 movies the newest is the South Park movie in '99, so I'm behind the times too Very Happy
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Spüne wrote:Nah he was lovely and very humble that Bret and Jemaine had offered him the role because it was his first television role. He said how he owes everything to them generally because they also gave him recognition in the radio series before they did HBO. He just knew that some people (like me) think Murray is the best thing about the show which he thinks is quite amusing. But typical Rhys, in his standup he does play on being a bit egotistical.

Ah yes I saw Rhys saying that during a documentary I was watching online with behind the scenes footage of the Flight of the Conchords TV show. It is really good of Bret and Jemaine to have offered him that role and Rhys has gone to show that he is a brilliant actor.

And yeah Vi, Rhys did mention on his facebook page that he was going to be at the Australian MTV Awards. That's nice of you to upload it Smile. He has come across well on TV shows he's been on whilst in the UK like 'Never Mind the Buzzcocks' and 'Soccer AM'.
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:19 pm

He was also on Spicks and Specks in Australia and very funny on that too (it's basically the Aussie version of Never Mind the Buzzcocks). He's on the first ep of Thank God You're Here too, incase nobody saw my post on the FotC thread.
Has anybody seen his stand-up? He does great sound effects, the joke about the mermaid is my fave from what I've seen.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamishmash Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:09 pm

Yeah. I saw him do stand up live last year. That's where I met him and had a chat.
Hamishmash
Hamishmash

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:28 am

Spüne wrote:Nah he was lovely and very humble that Bret and Jemaine had offered him the role because it was his first television role. He said how he owes everything to them generally because they also gave him recognition in the radio series before they did HBO. He just knew that some people (like me) think Murray is the best thing about the show which he thinks is quite amusing. But typical Rhys, in his standup he does play on being a bit egotistical.

Aw, I'm so happy to hear that! I can't stand when celebs get obnoxious.

Violet wrote:Murray was at the Australian MTV awards this past week. I'll tape it next time its on (they always show 101 repeats) and load it up for you guys. Very Happy

THANKS VIOLET!
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:10 pm

stupidmeatball wrote:He was also on Spicks and Specks in Australia and very funny on that too (it's basically the Aussie version of Never Mind the Buzzcocks). He's on the first ep of Thank God You're Here too, incase nobody saw my post on the FotC thread.
Has anybody seen his stand-up? He does great sound effects, the joke about the mermaid is my fave from what I've seen.

Ah yes I know about 'Spicks and Specks'. Adam Hills is the presenter right? He seems like a pretty cool guy. He's been touring around the UK a lot (I think he actually has a place here so he's to-ing and fro-ing from Aus) and has been on shows like 'Mock The Week' on a few occasions. There was actually a time when my friend and I heard Adam was performing at my friend uni's comedy night but there was no confirmation so I thought I'd message him online to ask whether he was just in case he was to reply but I wasn't expecting him to. He actually replied a couple of hours later confirming he was going to be performing there and said he's looking forward to see me there which was really sweet of him. I couldn't go though because my friend was really ill that day!

Rhys should be good on Thank God You're Here. I saw this recent interview with him on Rove and he was pretty funny on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo0DzXkNq7I
I really need to get his DVD. I have seen clips though and yes he does do sound effects really well!
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next