Last TV Show You Watched.

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Re: Last TV Show You Watched.

Post by Camm on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:37 pm

SmileAWhile wrote:
stupidmeatball wrote:He was also on Spicks and Specks in Australia and very funny on that too (it's basically the Aussie version of Never Mind the Buzzcocks). He's on the first ep of Thank God You're Here too, incase nobody saw my post on the FotC thread.
Has anybody seen his stand-up? He does great sound effects, the joke about the mermaid is my fave from what I've seen.

Ah yes I know about 'Spicks and Specks'. Adam Hills is the presenter right? He seems like a pretty cool guy. He's been touring around the UK a lot (I think he actually has a place here so he's to-ing and fro-ing from Aus) and has been on shows like 'Mock The Week' on a few occasions. There was actually a time when my friend and I heard Adam was performing at my friend uni's comedy night but there was no confirmation so I thought I'd message him online to ask whether he was just in case he was to reply but I wasn't expecting him to. He actually replied a couple of hours later confirming he was going to be performing there and said he's looking forward to see me there which was really sweet of him. I couldn't go though because my friend was really ill that day!

Rhys should be good on Thank God You're Here. I saw this recent interview with him on Rove and he was pretty funny on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo0DzXkNq7I
I really need to get his DVD. I have seen clips though and yes he does do sound effects really well!

Yes, Adam Hills is the host and the man is a champ! He gets points from me for being a stand-up with only one foot haha, I didn't realise he was big in the UK, I knew he had a big following at the Edinbourough Fringe (hopefully I'm going in either next year or the year after), but not in the UK as a whole.
Have you been watching the UK version of TGYH? I've seen clips on youtube and it seems like they've gotten some real duds for the show, the funniest person I've seen on there is Hamish Blake, and he's an Aussie, is he popular in the UK? They had Clive James on and I think that guy isn't funny at all, he wasn't funny as the host of Whose Line Is It Anyway? and was easily outshone in the hosting department by Drew Carey. It's a shame that they couldn't get some funnier people, considering the UK is choka-block with them, Stephen Fry, Ben Elton, Rowan Atkinson, Ricky Gervais (although he seems to spend a lot of time in the US), Steven Merchant, Dylan Moran (who I'm seeing at the comedy festival and I can't wait for), Russell Brand, Simon Pegg the list goes on and on and on (although admittedly alot of these guys may be considered too big a names to contemplate going on and the performers they got over here that had become big names had already worked with Working Dog, the creative team, at some stage).
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamishmash on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:44 pm

I saw Dylan Moran's Monster live and it is hilarious. Still haven't seen his follow-up gig... but Channel Four often have a season of showing those kinds of things so I think I'll just wait.
Hamishmash

View user profile http://www.hamishsteele.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:44 pm

stupidmeatball wrote:
SmileAWhile wrote:
stupidmeatball wrote:He was also on Spicks and Specks in Australia and very funny on that too (it's basically the Aussie version of Never Mind the Buzzcocks). He's on the first ep of Thank God You're Here too, incase nobody saw my post on the FotC thread.
Has anybody seen his stand-up? He does great sound effects, the joke about the mermaid is my fave from what I've seen.

Ah yes I know about 'Spicks and Specks'. Adam Hills is the presenter right? He seems like a pretty cool guy. He's been touring around the UK a lot (I think he actually has a place here so he's to-ing and fro-ing from Aus) and has been on shows like 'Mock The Week' on a few occasions. There was actually a time when my friend and I heard Adam was performing at my friend uni's comedy night but there was no confirmation so I thought I'd message him online to ask whether he was just in case he was to reply but I wasn't expecting him to. He actually replied a couple of hours later confirming he was going to be performing there and said he's looking forward to see me there which was really sweet of him. I couldn't go though because my friend was really ill that day!

Rhys should be good on Thank God You're Here. I saw this recent interview with him on Rove and he was pretty funny on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo0DzXkNq7I
I really need to get his DVD. I have seen clips though and yes he does do sound effects really well!

Yes, Adam Hills is the host and the man is a champ! He gets points from me for being a stand-up with only one foot haha, I didn't realise he was big in the UK, I knew he had a big following at the Edinbourough Fringe (hopefully I'm going in either next year or the year after), but not in the UK as a whole.
Have you been watching the UK version of TGYH? I've seen clips on youtube and it seems like they've gotten some real duds for the show, the funniest person I've seen on there is Hamish Blake, and he's an Aussie, is he popular in the UK? They had Clive James on and I think that guy isn't funny at all, he wasn't funny as the host of Whose Line Is It Anyway? and was easily outshone in the hosting department by Drew Carey. It's a shame that they couldn't get some funnier people, considering the UK is choka-block with them, Stephen Fry, Ben Elton, Rowan Atkinson, Ricky Gervais (although he seems to spend a lot of time in the US), Steven Merchant, Dylan Moran (who I'm seeing at the comedy festival and I can't wait for), Russell Brand, Simon Pegg the list goes on and on and on (although admittedly alot of these guys may be considered too big a names to contemplate going on and the performers they got over here that had become big names had already worked with Working Dog, the creative team, at some stage).
I think I might have watched a few minutes of the UK version of TGYH. I heard it was a bit of a flop because it got scrapped quite early. Yeah the people on the show had a lot to do with its fate, they could have easily got funnier people. There are some good comedy programmes over here now though which usually take the form of panel discussions like 'Mock The Week' and 'Have I Got News For You' some great comedians do go on there. The British comedians youíve listed are pretty big here and yeah they donít usually do those type of shows since they have bigger projects going but they may appear occasionally on panel shows (well Stephen Fry is the host of a panel show called QI- heís an absolute legend) and Russell Brand does a few TV shows here and there.

Adam Hills is definitely making a name for himself here. Edinburgh Fringe was a great success for him and thrust him into the spotlight more. He does seem to do a few festivals here like Iím pretty sure he did the Leeds Festival last year. Heís been labelled as the Ďnicest guy in comedyí which does seem pretty accurate. I found out about him after seeing him on ĎMock The Weekí, there are a few Youtube clips of him on the show e.g.:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cldh8uhQu_M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6wlxB8YltE

There was one time when he took off his leg on the show and the whole situation was hilarious. I think Iíve seen it on YouTube but I canít find it at the moment.

I love his anecdotes; he has had some bizarre experiences! Ah and the foot! Did you hear about him crowd surfing his artificial foot at British festivals?- epic! Laughing

Top Summer Heights High Quotes
Mr. G: This is a big show I did last year, Tsunamarama, which was about the Tsunami tragedy set to the music of Bananarama.
Ja'mie: I love your bins, they're so random.
Jonah: Fuck you, miss. I said, "Puck you" with a 'p'. Donít you even know how to spell, miss?
SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:39 pm

SpŁne wrote:I saw Dylan Moran's Monster live and it is hilarious. Still haven't seen his follow-up gig... but Channel Four often have a season of showing those kinds of things so I think I'll just wait.

You just gave me an idea of what to do today, Spune. I adore Dylan Moran!
Karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:24 am

SmileAWhile wrote:
Karona wrote:
SmileAWhile wrote:Today I watched 'The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency' on BBC1. I quite enjoy watching this programme. It's a welcome change from other programmes especially since it's set in Africa and the scenery is gorgeous and the storylines are quite light hearted and also hard hitting on occasions.

Whoa, that show premiered tonight in the states. In fact, it's on right now. I thought it was an American show...so, I guess not?

And I am watching Family Guy right now. Tonight's episode is absolutely hysterical. FG hasn't made me laugh so hard in a while, but I'm also a sucker for anybody who makes fun of Kirk Cameron.

Oh really, that's cool! I thought it was a BBC production haha, will look into it now! They showed the pilot last year and because it did well, they decided to commission it for a full series. Jill Scott is really good in it- good to see she's a talented singer and actress Smile

I've just watched 'The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency' on iplayer, how great is this? Very funny and serious at the same time. I probably shouldn't have watched it while feeling sad, haha Smile I kept missing it everytime it was on, so I thought I had better catch up. I've got a couple of the books, which someone recommended to me - haven't read them yet, but I will now. You are right about the scenery, how beautiful, great insight into the lives in Africa and I love the spiritual/mystical parts and the 'assistant detective' Grace is, such a sweet character.

Oh and I'm sure it's a BBC production with HBO (and others I never heard of), but I could be wrong - ha! see BBC and HBO can work together!
Summer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:56 am

^^They co-produced Rome and Little Britain USA, I'm sure there are more.
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:48 pm

I was watching Scrubs tonight on the Comedy Channel. I absolutely love it. Hilarious. Nothing more i can say.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:40 pm

Summer wrote:
SmileAWhile wrote:
Karona wrote:
SmileAWhile wrote:Today I watched 'The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency' on BBC1. I quite enjoy watching this programme. It's a welcome change from other programmes especially since it's set in Africa and the scenery is gorgeous and the storylines are quite light hearted and also hard hitting on occasions.

Whoa, that show premiered tonight in the states. In fact, it's on right now. I thought it was an American show...so, I guess not?

And I am watching Family Guy right now. Tonight's episode is absolutely hysterical. FG hasn't made me laugh so hard in a while, but I'm also a sucker for anybody who makes fun of Kirk Cameron.

Oh really, that's cool! I thought it was a BBC production haha, will look into it now! They showed the pilot last year and because it did well, they decided to commission it for a full series. Jill Scott is really good in it- good to see she's a talented singer and actress Smile

I've just watched 'The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency' on iplayer, how great is this? Very funny and serious at the same time. I probably shouldn't have watched it while feeling sad, haha Smile I kept missing it everytime it was on, so I thought I had better catch up. I've got a couple of the books, which someone recommended to me - haven't read them yet, but I will now. You are right about the scenery, how beautiful, great insight into the lives in Africa and I love the spiritual/mystical parts and the 'assistant detective' Grace is, such a sweet character.

Oh and I'm sure it's a BBC production with HBO (and others I never heard of), but I could be wrong - ha! see BBC and HBO can work together!

Iíve heard the books are really good as well. Yeah a few posts before this I copied and pasted an extract from Wikipedia which says both HBO and the BBC were involved in making this programme. The ending of the latest episode was pretty sad but I really enjoyed watching it. Looking forward to watching the rest Smile

Mr. G: This is a big show I did last year, Tsunamarama, which was about the Tsunami tragedy set to the music of Bananarama.
Jonah: Fuck you, miss. I said, "Puck you" with a 'p'. Donít you even know how to spell, miss?
SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer on Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:54 pm

SmileAWhile wrote:

"Iíve heard the books are really good as well. Yeah a few posts before this I copied and pasted an extract from Wikipedia which says both HBO and the BBC were involved in making this programme. The ending of the latest episode was pretty sad but I really enjoyed watching it. Looking forward to watching the rest Smile" (sorry quotes won't work)

Sorry, I must've missed that what you posted SmileAWhile! Smile

And I was joking about the BBC, got carried away with what I was thinking.
Summer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:54 am

I'm watching the last ever episode of ER.

I used to watch this show all the time, but haven't seen it in probably 4 years.

Some good makeup on this show. I looooove bloody makeup!

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:32 am

^ I need to watch that tomorrow!

Just watched the finale of Life on Mars. Oh god, what an absolutely crap ending. I need to go watch the BBC version now to rid myself of the major WTF I just endured.
Karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:23 am

I'm getting ready to watch Saturday Night Live, Seth Rogen is hosting! He makes me laugh and laugh Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:19 am

^Just watched recently The Lonely Island's new video, 'Like A Boss' feat. Seth Rogen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c
Laughing
Anyone a fan of The Lonely Island guys? I do find them quite amusing but they ain't got nothing on my FotC Wink

SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:30 am

SmileAWhile wrote:^Just watched recently The Lonely Island's new video, 'Like A Boss' feat. Seth Rogen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c
Laughing
Anyone a fan of The Lonely Island guys? I do find them quite amusing but they ain't got nothing on my FotC Wink

OH YES!!!!!

"Like A Boss" made me pee my pants! SOoooooooo wrong but so funny!!!

LOL Seth Rogen: "Yeah, I know you said that 400 times..." hahahahaha!

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:34 am

Chrissy wrote:
SmileAWhile wrote:^Just watched recently The Lonely Island's new video, 'Like A Boss' feat. Seth Rogen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c
Laughing

OH YES!!!!!

Haha! I love that song from their album and I'm glad they made a video for it. It's so silly but v. funny!
"Hit on Deborah (like a boss), Get rejected (like a boss)" Laughing
One of my friends is obsessed with these guys and it's kinda rubbing off on me!

SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamishmash on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:38 am

I DO like the Lonely Island guys but I ... am a little annoyed by them. I don't think it takes much effort to take the piss out of most hip-hop because most of it is a joke anyway. Most of their songs are just direct parodies with a celebrity guest and I don't think it takes much skill really.

I'm just jealous really. Because I'm in a comedy band a spend AGES writing songs thinking about complex jokes and rhymes when these guys just do stupid songs with a celebrity and they're really popular and successful now. Ah well... it's just me. I really like the "Jizz in my Pants" song though.
Hamishmash

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:29 am

I am watching my Philadelphia Phillies try to come from behind in the last inning of the game and I'm on the verge of a heart attack cos they sucked the whole game up until now.
Karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:36 am

SmileAWhile wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Laughing

OH YES!!!!!

Haha! I love that song from their album and I'm glad they made a video for it. It's so silly but v. funny!
"Hit on Deborah (like a boss), Get rejected (like a boss)" Laughing
One of my friends is obsessed with these guys and it's kinda rubbing off on me!

it's the "shit on deborah's desk (like a boss)" that really gets me! hahahahahaha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:49 am

In other TV show news... THE HILLS is back tomorrow, Lauren's final season! Laughing hahaha!

You know you're gonna watch it.

It really is awful.

But I love it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamishmash on Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:09 pm

Alright, I watched an episode a few days ago and...

my GOD it is addictive. The characters are so air headed that it is totally compelling because no matter what happens it's not exactly going to be very serious yet they all treat it as such. And it is so much fun imitating the characters.
Hamishmash

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:30 pm

SpŁne wrote:Alright, I watched an episode a few days ago and...

my GOD it is addictive. The characters are so air headed that it is totally compelling because no matter what happens it's not exactly going to be very serious yet they all treat it as such. And it is so much fun imitating the characters.

It's so addictive. I hope Justin-Bobby is back this season. I love the bad editing and general baaaaaad continuity of it all.

And that Lo! What a bitch! Of course, I treat them all like characters, because there's just no way any of this can be "real".

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:43 pm

There aren't a lot of episodes for this season, though, right? I was disappointed when I heard that.
Karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:17 am

Just finished watching Lost omg. This show is seriously my drug and tonight was so. good. And now it's onto South Park!
Karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy on Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:30 am

^ IDK about the Hills, as far as how many eps they're doing... it was almost unbearable the other night, I was like ulch... we get it...you're drunk, you're crying... hahaha

I just finished watching American Idol. Adam needs to win, thats all. Everyone else is ok, but he needs to WIN.

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:55 am

Chrissy wrote:I just finished watching American Idol. Adam needs to win, thats all. Everyone else is ok, but he needs to WIN.

His performance of "Mad World" sealed the deal and now I definitely want Adam to win. I pegged Danny as a sure-fire winner in the beginning, but he is so monotonous! No variety.
Karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum