The Chaser.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Chaser.

Post by Vi on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:06 pm

The boys are back in 2009 with a new series. Which i can not wait to see!!!!

Anyway, who's a fan?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Chaser.

Post by Chrissy on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:13 am

We get them now in the US, they are hilarious, although the shows we get are, like, 2 years old.

I love them!

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJayne on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:16 am

Anyone know if this is shown in the UK? Keeps getting mentioned on here and Im intrigued to see what its like....
SarahJayne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:17 am

As I think I've mentioned before somewhere on these boards, from what I've seen from a few clips here and there, it seems like a really funny show. I wonder why this isn't broadcast on UK TV though. Might have to look into ordering the DVD online or something if it isn't going to be broadcast over here anytime soon.

Top Summer Heights High Quotes
Mr. G: This is a big show I did last year, Tsunamarama, which was about the Tsunami tragedy set to the music of Bananarama.
Ja'mie: I love your bins, they're so random.
Jonah: Fuck you, miss. I said, "Puck you" with a 'p'. Donít you even know how to spell, miss?
SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:19 am

SarahJayne wrote:Anyone know if this is shown in the UK? Keeps getting mentioned on here and Im intrigued to see what its like....

I don't think it's broadcast over here since no one is talking about it unless it's on some obscure digital channel. There are a few clips on youtube and there probably are ways to watch it online but I think it deserves to be shown over here given its success in Australia.

Mr. G: This is a big show I did last year, Tsunamarama, which was about the Tsunami tragedy set to the music of Bananarama.
Jonah: Fuck you, miss. I said, "Puck you" with a 'p'. Donít you even know how to spell, miss?
SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:03 pm

I'm not sure how well it would do in the UK to be honest, a lot of the humour relies on topical Australian events, which probably wouldn't get mentioned in the UK, although the Life As A Musical segment is universal.
Has anyone seen the new show that the Chaser team are producing called Lawrence Leung's Choose your Own Adventure? It's a funny doco about a comedian (and Chaser writer) Lawrence Leung trying to acheive childhood dreams, it started last week and I got a few laughs, like when he managed to get a girls number by doing the Rubix cube in under a minute.
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:52 pm

stupidmeatball wrote:I'm not sure how well it would do in the UK to be honest, a lot of the humour relies on topical Australian events, which probably wouldn't get mentioned in the UK, although the Life As A Musical segment is universal.
Has anyone seen the new show that the Chaser team are producing called Lawrence Leung's Choose your Own Adventure? It's a funny doco about a comedian (and Chaser writer) Lawrence Leung trying to acheive childhood dreams, it started last week and I got a few laughs, like when he managed to get a girls number by doing the Rubix cube in under a minute.

I love that segment! That's what got me really interested in the show Very Happy

I see what you're saying about it relying on Australian events though. I'm not sure about what the show is like on the whole but I have seen some clips when their talking about Australian events and I still found it quite amusing but I suppose there may be other things which might go over our heads. That's what comedy is like though and some shows still go on to be a huge success in other countries.

SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:02 pm

stupidmeatball wrote:I'm not sure how well it would do in the UK to be honest, a lot of the humour relies on topical Australian events, which probably wouldn't get mentioned in the UK, although the Life As A Musical segment is universal.

Nope. But then again i don't watch much TV.

I'll have to upload some of their funny skits. Like the Ad Road Tests.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Tue May 26, 2009 5:51 pm

Tomorrow night at 9.30 on ABC. Be there or be square.

18 months i've been waiting! Hahaha.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:22 am

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25585179-661,00.html

Good to know. That was fucken disgusting. Once again there is a difference between being 'controversial' and down right evil and what they did was not controversial. Go make fun of the Muslims if you want controversy. Don't take it out on sick children. Anyone who found that funny can go to hell.

I love their explanation. "satirical and black comedy".....hahahaha. You want to see black comedy? Go fucken watch Fargo or something. Until these guys have children of their own, actually i hope they don't, they're not going to realise what they did was out of line.

Looks like someone needs a nasty message sent to them on Mysace. Wink

BTW, still a fan. But not of this.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:57 am

I think that the Fritzl sketch was far more bad taste, personally, as that was a horrific thing to have to endured.
The Make-a-Wish joke was very poor though and I think they're now just pushing it as far as they can, just to see if they can get away with it.
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:06 am

Woah, hang on a minute! I just found out that The Chaser is going to be broadcast in the UK! I'm not sure which series they'll be broadcasting though.

It's going to be broadcast on BBC Four (the same channel as Flight of the Conchords and it's actually going to be aired every Tuesday before FOTC). Great news! cheers

COMEDY: The Chaser's War on Everything
On: BBC 4
Date: Tuesday 23rd June 2009
Time: 22:00 to 22:30 (30 minutes long)

Series featuring satirical sketches and comedic publicity stunts by Australian team The Chaser. Will public buildings ignore the lessons of history and accept delivery of a gigantic wooden horse? How gracefully will a parking inspector react if you hand him a fine for being a parking inspector? And what happens when you book plane tickets under the names Al Kyder and Terry Wrist? The series was nominated for the Rose d'Or and won a slew of awards in its native Australia.
(New, Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles)

Starring: Julian Morrow, Craig Reucassel, Chris Taylor, Chris Licciardello, Andrew Hansen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marked By: 'Favourite: The Chaser's War on Everything' marker
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=132606

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:32 am

That's season 1. I hope you enjoy it.
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:16 pm

Cool, thanks for info. I thought that would be the case since it usually takes at least a few months after a show has been aired in its home country for us to get it broadcast here Wink

By the way I saw the Make A Realistic Wish sketch and it just wasn't funny and did stoop quite low. The BBC will definitely cut it once season 2 gets aired.

SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:03 pm

With Season 1 get ready for jokes about miners and Bindy Irwin.
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:23 am

I have never seen nor heard of this show till I joined the forum. How many seasons are there? And what is it exactly? Just sketches? confused
Donna.♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:39 am

It's partly sketches, partly going out and annoying the public and commenting on the weeks news.
There's 3 season's of the War on Everything (2006-2007, 2009), CNNNN (Chaser Non-Stop News Network, 2002-2003) which was a spoof of Fox News-style 24/7 news channels on pay-tv (and pay-tv in general) and I think 2 seasons of the The Chaser Decides/The Election Chaser, where they focus on the elections, but they're only short seasons, the first being 6 eps from memory of the 2003 election and 2 episodes for the 2007 election. They started off in uni, where they wrote a satirical newspaper, then Andrew Denton discovered them and they did the election specials, then did radio for a while in 2002, on MMM and a couple of them (Chris & Craig) did Today Today on JJJ in 2003 and the Race Race in 2008.
They're incredibly funny dudes. The first season of Chaser's War on Everything wasn't overly popular because it was on at 10.30 on Friday nights, although did draw some controversy from the the Logies red carpet stunts and the bonehead challenge and selling weapons at a Rugby game. Then Season 2 they got the most popular because of the APEC stunt, and the Eulogy song, and they moved to the more popular 9.00pm timeslot on a Wednesday night, taking over from the Glasshouse which had gotten pretty popular and was on immediately before Summer Heights High.
I hope I've answered your question.

Last edited by Camm on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ on Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:17 am

Wow! Thanks Smile

I might watch a few clips on youtube on what I can find and if I like I'll buy it on DVD. (That's what I did for Summer Heights High lol)
Donna.♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:10 pm

^You can just borrow my DVD's for now if you want hun.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Just a reminder for UK peeps that the Chaser premieres tonight at 10pm on BBC Four.

I just saw this Guardian article which recommends the show (also briefly mentions SHH): http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/tvandradioblog/2009/jun/23/chasers-war-on-everything

SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:11 am

This is one of my favourite Chaser sketches.
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:03 am

And here's some more:

Emo Washing Powder

Sandy Toilet Paper

Boggs Beer (Fake ads from CNNNN)
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:39 pm

This one will be possiblly more appreciated by the U.K. members of the forum.

Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:42 pm

I love this skit.

LOL Supre is my fave shop hahaha, i don't care if they're mocking it.

The Boost juice staff hahaha.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:03 pm

Let's get munted!
Andrew looks so funny with those teddy-ear glowsticks!
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum