Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flight of the Conchords!

5 posters

:: Other

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Flight of the Conchords! Empty Flight of the Conchords!

Post by SmileAWhile Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:08 am

It's no secret that I love these guys! So feel free to post about favourite songs and/or videos by them.

My favourite songs seem to change quite regularly but right now I would say my favourite songs are Most Beautiful Girl (what a great way to kick off their TV show) and Carol Brown (Choir of Ex-Girlfriends) from the second season is a great song. Another song which I think is great is called Hotties which is one of their earlier songs because it's so funky. I love the comedic value of their songs but also find it fascinating how their parodies of particular songs or genres are spot on and executed really well.
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Flight of the Conchords! Empty Re: Flight of the Conchords!

Post by Camm Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:40 pm

OMG, I love FotC too. If you like the show you should check out the BBC2 Radio series they did, funny stuff.
My favourite songs are Bowie, pitch-perfect parody, Rhymnocerous vs. Hiphopapotomus and Leggy Blonde (the song that Murray sings to the tech repair gir) from the first season. I have the album and am always cranking it.
Fashion is Danger is my favourite from the second series.
I wasn't too impressed in how it all ended though, it was a lot like how the radio series ended and I thought they'd do something different.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Too Many Dicks and Sugalumps were my favorites from this season...

My favorite part of the whole show was Murray, though.

Aw, I miss it already!
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:30 am

You guys have mentioned great songs. My fave songs keep changing mainly because I usually end up loving one song at a particular moment in time and then end up over-playing them so I move on to another song.

Haha I love the 80's vibe of 'Fashion Is Danger' "Th-Th-Thatcher" Very Happy and my favourite part is when they say: "
"Posing at the bar (posing), posing sitting down, (posing) posing in the distance, (posing) posing with my arm, (posing) posing with my leg, (posing) posing like a swan, (posing) posing for a portrait. Posing a threat!" and the chorus is really catchy. Laughing

Murray is a legend! One of the quotes of the series: "A taste of your own dick medicine" Laughing

I thought episode 5 was the best episode of the second season. Both songs and music videos were strong and the storyline of Keitha the Australian was hilarious.

And yes I've listened to the BBC radio series. I had a feeling it was going to end in the similar way. I noticed that they brought in the storyline of Murray groping people in his sleep from the radio series haha! I quite liked the finale though. Season 3 hasn't been ruled out but it really could end on that note.
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:18 pm

I think the best part of FotC are the jokes that are very NZ-centric, and I lived with a Kiwi and a lot of them would go over people's heads from the US and UK i'd reckon, like the joke about Corwded House, Murray wearing an All-Blacks shirt. Small things that add an extra laugh for me anyway.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:18 am

Inner City Pressure if my favorite song, but I do love pretty much everything they've done.

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:29 am

stupidmeatball wrote:I think the best part of FotC are the jokes that are very NZ-centric, and I lived with a Kiwi and a lot of them would go over people's heads from the US and UK i'd reckon, like the joke about Corwded House, Murray wearing an All-Blacks shirt. Small things that add an extra laugh for me anyway.

Yes I suppose there are some little things which may not fully translate to people outside of NZ and Australia. The same could be said for little Aussie references in SHH which I didn't recognise until they were pointed out and explained on the Internet and sometimes I wonder how certain British references translate to overseas audiences when certain British comedies do well overseas. But overall the humour is universal and it's great to know that FotC is appreciated on a global scale.

And I love the New Zealand posters that can be found in Murray's office. It's great spotting them each episode e.g. "New Zealand...ROCKS!!!" (with rocks and mountains in the background) and "New Zealand...Don't expect too much, you'll love it" Laughing

A hilarious part of season 2 when Jemaine sleeps with the Australian girl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoF_fa9TMDk
Laughing
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:40 am

SmileAWhile wrote:
And I love the New Zealand posters that can be found in Murray's office. It's great spotting them each episode e.g. "New Zealand...ROCKS!!!" (with rocks and mountains in the background) and "New Zealand...Don't expect too much, you'll love it" Laughing

My favourite poster is "New Zealand, take your Mum" haha
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:05 pm

I love 'Bus Driver's Song', It was the first song I heard of theirs and it's been my favourite ever since!

xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:53 am

I just re-watched "I'm not Cryin'" from Episode 1 on YouTube, and I forgot how funny Bret's verse is...please.

"And if I am cryin', it's not cause of you, it's because I'm thinkin' about a friend of mine, you don't know, who is dyin', that's right, dyin'" hahaha I can't!
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:35 am

SuperLoz wrote:I love 'Bus Driver's Song', It was the first song I heard of theirs and it's been my favourite ever since!

xx

They don't use that song in the series, but they reference it with the PM.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:39 pm

^ Yeah, I really thought they were going to play that song! It was as if they were teasing their fans Wink

Chrissy wrote:I just re-watched "I'm not Cryin'" from Episode 1 on YouTube, and I forgot how funny Bret's verse is...please.

"And if I am cryin', it's not cause of you, it's because I'm thinkin' about a friend of mine, you don't know, who is dyin', that's right, dyin'" hahaha I can't!

Haha "These aren't tears of sadness because you're leaving me. I've just been cutting onions. I'm making a lasagne....*whispers* for one"- epic Very Happy

And one of their best lyrics ever is in that song "I'm sitting at this table called love staring down at the irony of life. How come we've reached this fork in the road and yet it cuts like a knife?" - love it Very Happy
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:39 pm

stupidmeatball wrote:
SuperLoz wrote:I love 'Bus Driver's Song', It was the first song I heard of theirs and it's been my favourite ever since!

xx

They don't use that song in the series, but they reference it with the PM.

Thanks for spoiling it for me. Haha i'm kidding, ive already watched episode 1 of series 2 Very Happy
I cant wait for it to come out on DVD over here!

xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:26 pm

im soo proud of them as im from nz, and because where a small counrty..it great to see such talent hitting overseas!

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:02 am

Rhys Darby, the great comedian who plays Murray will be on the first episode of Thank God You're Here this year.
Should be great stuff, TGYH can be pretty funny with the right performers, hopefully he does well.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:38 pm

I'm sure FotC are doing NZ proud! Hmm maybe we have to warn people before we post season 2 spoilers since it hasn't been broadcast in some countries yet.

***Season 2 Song Spoiler Alert!***

I didn't realise how good the song Love Is A Weapon of Choice is until I watched it again on youtube! I liked the part at the beginning of the video when Bret challenges Jemaine to a duel and Murray's like 'Oh no' and then the part when Jemaine slaps Bret with a glove is great! I especially like these lyrics:

You conquered my body with your kissing
Your caresses are your ammunition
Every time you walk in through my door
You're extending this war metaphor
You leave me wounded lying on the floor
I think I've seen this floor before

Laughing
I swear if FotC brought out 'Fashion Is Danger' and 'Love Is A Weapon Of Choice' in the 80s as serious songs, they could actually be hits Laughing
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:21 pm

SmileAWhile wrote:
I swear if FotC brought out 'Fashion Is Danger' and 'Love Is A Weapon Of Choice' in the 80s as serious songs, they could actually be hits Laughing

As would Inner City Pressure. Bowie would've surely been a hit in the 70's too, just after Ziggy Stardust and the Spider's from Mars came out.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:58 am

^Totally! They're just really talented guys Very Happy

So, I have a question for everyone. Quite generic: Bret or Jemaine?

Could be based on whatever criteria you want: e.g. who's funnier/ who's the better actor/ who's the better singer/ who's better looking etc Very Happy
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Sun May 03, 2009 4:53 am

Just an update for UK fans. Season 1 is being repeated at various times during the night Sunday May 3rd-May 8th on BBC Four. Season 2 starts on Tuesday 12th May at 10.30pm. Beforehand at 10pm, there'll be a behind-the-scenes documentary about the show called Flight of the Conchords: On Air Smile
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Mon May 04, 2009 12:06 am

Thanks for letting us know Very Happy

I've recently bought the DVD, so I just have to finish watching it! It's very funny Laughing Looking forward to the next series! The behind the scenes will hopefully be good.
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzanne Fri May 08, 2009 6:29 am

Went to the Conchords concert in Chicago. They sang a great mix of their old and new songs.

Sugalumps was fantastic. This clip is my favorite. I was only 10 feet away from them when they concluded the song. Watch the video all the way to the end. (The guy on cello is their friend Nigel from the Wellington International Ukulele Orchestra).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSryzqZqfis
Suzanne
Suzanne

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Sat May 09, 2009 4:45 am

^Really glad you had a great time Suzanne. *North American Tour spoilers* Yes I've been trying to keep up with how their tour is going. Their performances of 'Sugalumps' always crack me up. Their performances have gradually been getting raunchier haha! Love the way they open their concert with Too Many Dicks with the robot heads and cod pieces. I've also seen pics of them wearing really outlandish clothes for their finale in recent shows including Jemaine in spandex, it's hilarious Laughing

Summer wrote:Thanks for letting us know Very Happy

I've recently bought the DVD, so I just have to finish watching it! It's very funny Laughing Looking forward to the next series! The behind the scenes will hopefully be good.

Great to know that you're enjoying the show. Yeah the doc is made my Bret's wife Hannah Clarke and it's pretty good. I watched the New Zealand version online a couple of months ago. For some reason the UK and US get an edited version of the programme because the NZ version is about 40 minutes long or something like that but I'm sure it will keep all the main highlights Very Happy
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:39 am

Jemaine was on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon last night promoting "Dinner For Schmucks" and I thought I'd share the link with those overseas. He was hilarious!! Jimmy was cracking up!!!

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/jemaine-clement-72010/1239855/
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Aww, thanks Chrissy for sharing the link to the interview. I was also sent a link to download the full interview. It was such a cool interview and Jemaine seemed quite relaxed and got on well with Jimmy who was genuinely cracking up throughout the whole interview!

I'm so glad Jemaine is getting a lot of recognition these days for all of these high profile movie roles e.g. being cast as the villian for Men in Black 3! He totally deserves it. I'm also looking forward to seeing what will be next for FOTC and any solo projects Bret is working on. Smile
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:33 am

I know, I was wondering why the link wasn't from the whole interview!?

I loved it, I'm happy for him too! They are all really funny, talented, brilliant guys.

Yes, Jimmy was hilarious, he's also a really funny guy! I loved the bit in the beginning about when he and Bret get back together "every week"... haha!
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: Other

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum