Cops Tell Prison Inmate His GF Was A Guy....And Get In Trouble For It.

:: News

Go down

Cops Tell Prison Inmate His GF Was A Guy....And Get In Trouble For It.

Post by Vi on Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Source: http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25309404-662,00.html

TWO police officers who showed no contrition or remorse for telling a man his girlfriend was once a male have been ordered to perform 125 hours of community service.

Garrick Jacobson, 26, was in custody at Sydney's Surry Hills police station in September 2006, when the officers told him he had been sleeping with "a bloke".

Once released, Jacobson broke into girlfriend Brigitte Fell's unit and assaulted her.

Constables Tyrone Stacey and Brendan Ritson were sentenced this week for disclosing the sensitive information.

They pleaded guilty to accessing Ms Fell's confidential personal files on the police computer system and unlawfully disclosing the information to their detainee.

Ms Fell told the court she was born a male and had undergone gender reassignment surgery more than 12 years ago.

Jacobson pleaded guilty to assaulting her.

In his police interview, he said the information "put him over the edge", leading him to break into Ms Fell's unit and attack her, saying, "I'm going to smash you".

Magistrate Glenn Bartley sentenced both officers to 125 hours of community service saying their lack of remorse made the likelihood of their reoffending "unclear".

"The information disclosed was extremely sensitive . . . it was disclosed to embarrass and humiliate Mr Jacobson," Mr Bartley said.

"The result of the disclosure, an angry assault on Ms Fell, was foreseeable. The significant injuries Ms Fell sustained from the assault were forseeable.

"The offenders were trusted law enforcement officers . . . to this day they have not shown even the slightest contrition or remorse."

Mr Bartley said that while their careers were in jeopardy, their previously clean records and prior good characters "weighed substantially in their favour".

But he rejected their lawyer Joe Klarica's submission that a conviction would be punishment enough for the pair.

"It is time for the offenders to put back into the community what they have taken out of it," he said.

TBH, i'd appreciate it if someone told me my current partner at some point, used to be the same sex as me. Poor guy....how embarrassing.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cops Tell Prison Inmate His GF Was A Guy....And Get In Trouble For It.

Post by Donna.♥ on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:51 am

eeek that's a bit of an awkward situation! Poor guy, yes, but he assaulted him/her so.... yea.. just a wacky situation.
Donna.♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum