swine flu......

:: News

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

swine flu......

Post by cheesybeans on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:01 pm

just found out a some women has swine flu - she live 6miles from me - as i work in a supermarket im bricking it a bit.
has anyone else had many cases near them??
cheesybeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: swine flu......

Post by Chrissy on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:35 pm

uhhhh, yeah.

I live in Queens, New York City where we have had a massive outbreak.

It's apparently not as bad as it is down in Mexico, only one person in the US has died.

But it's spreading like crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Mon May 04, 2009 5:26 pm

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!

But in all seriousness this is just another reason why i'm so anti Government. Probably just another cover story to keep the public in fear while our banks/governments find new ways to rape us (people stocking up on food and medication.) And unfortunately people like my mum and my brother believe their scare tactics and have been really freaked out about it. Me and a few of the guys at work were like "whats next elephant flu?" LOL. Sorry but they pulled the exact same shit with SARS and bird flu. Hell bird flu was supposed to kill everyone...and now its less existent then Lindsay Lohan's film career.

I LOVE it how they're reporting that Mexico thinks the outbreak has been stabilized and WHO are like "we just didn't know to be sure" .....meaning (yeah we bullshitted and you guys knew that so we're trying to cover our asses.)

Do the fucken math. Diseases like this start in poor countries because they have shit health care systems and little knowledge of hygiene and sanitation.

Where's PETA's thoughts on this? I need a laugh...

People worry to much. I'm not in denial, i just don't give a shit. As i've said before, i'm not an easily scared person.

But then again, if I'm not mistaken, Nostradamus prophesied a plague as well as a bunch of other shit that would begin in 2009 and ultimately end the world by December 21, 2012....

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Mon May 04, 2009 5:36 pm

Nostrodamus got shit right... in hindsight, which is always perfectly 20/20
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Mon May 04, 2009 5:47 pm

Since Krudd has no issue with letting asylum seekers into our country, god only knows what kind of diseases they're bringing into our country...

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Mon May 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Violet wrote:Since Krudd has no issue with letting asylum seekers into our country, god only knows what kind of diseases they're bringing into our country...

I don't want them here either, but as that's not going to change can't we at least stick them in the desert? Oh wait, we do...
And they serve pies and chips hahaha
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Mon May 04, 2009 5:53 pm

Violet wrote:and now its less existent then Lindsay Lohan's film career.

LOL... satire.

Last edited by stupidmeatball on Tue May 05, 2009 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Mon May 04, 2009 11:15 pm

Violet wrote:But then again, if I'm not mistaken, Nostradamus prophesied a plague as well as a bunch of other shit that would begin in 2009 and ultimately end the world by December 21, 2012....

I know that has to do with the Mayans because that's when they stopped creating calendars. Because there's just no other logical explanation why that happened. *eye roll*

I stopped caring once I found out swine flu's been around for a good while. Then my friend who used to work in a lab and is very science savvy told me that this particular strain going around is actually swine AND bird flu combined. Methinks somebody was playing in the lab and had an oopsie.
Karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Wed May 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Eugghh:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25417218-23109,00.html

Trying to cover up their lies.

I love being right 99% of the time. Wink

Told ya Chrissy. Hahaha.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesybeans on Fri May 08, 2009 12:03 pm

lol swine flu was a load of bolox after all - i was a bit more worried because the person who had it who lived a few miles from me, wel her relative works where i do - not caught it yet so must b good news Very Happy
cheesybeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ on Sun May 10, 2009 8:20 am

I think the only case in Australia so far is a woman in NSW. They showed a clip of a family with swine flu in America (I think it was America). The son had swine flu coz he had just come back from Mexico. They had these masks on and the interviewer was asking them questions through a TV and they were inside the house yelling out the answers through a window. It was quite bizaare. The interviewer asked the son if he had any symptoms and he said he felt nothing and the doctor said they'd be right to go on living as normal in a couple of days. Sounds to me like the swine flu isn't even as dangerous as the common cold! But then you hear about people dying, so confusing...
Donna.♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Sun May 10, 2009 7:25 pm

I guess anything can kill certain people. Did you know more people die in vending machine accidents per year than by spider bites?
The media loves a scare, it'll fade from memory in a few weeks.
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy on Mon May 18, 2009 5:58 am

We had our first swine flu death in New York today.

They closed 5 schools down as well.

I totally thought it had blown over!

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesybeans on Wed May 20, 2009 6:28 pm

over 100 people have been confirmed in uk
iv had a bloody cold 4 a week now (hopefully nothin serious lol)
dnt thikn we have any deaths here so far......
cheesybeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ on Thu May 21, 2009 3:25 am

3 cases in Australia so far last time I heard. Don't think any deaths.
Donna.♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy on Thu May 21, 2009 4:01 am

Appx 6000 confirmed cases in US... they say as many as 100,000 are carrying it and don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ on Thu May 21, 2009 5:26 am

The number of confirmed swine flu cases in Australia has jumped to six, Health Minister Nicola Roxon says.

The Victorian government has confirmed that a woman from Mexico, who is visiting the state, has the virus.

"This (number) changes almost hourly, we now have six cases of confirmed swine flu in Australia," Ms Roxon told Sky News.

"The situation is developing quite quickly and I suspect that later in the day there will be more cases to add to that number," Ms Roxon told ABC Radio. (Watch more: 'Inevitable this day would come')

Three brothers, aged 9, 10 and 12, tested positive to the H1N1 virus on Wednesday, a week after they returned from a family holiday in Los Angeles.

Health authorities immediately rushed to contain the spread of the virus, quarantining the family and 26 classmates at Clifton Hill Primary school, where two of the boys are pupils.

The school's principal Jeff Warren confirmed on Thursday morning that he decided to close the school on Thursday and Friday as a precautionary measure.

"The concern is there. It's at a low level to be honest, but we need to be extremely cautious in this sort of situation, with the discussions worldwide about the potential for a pandemic from this," Mr Warren told TODAY.

Mr Warren said the school would decide and notify parents on Sunday about whether it decides to extend its closure period.

He said that the two infected students were only at the school on the Monday and the symptoms the children displayed were very mild.

"The children were in their infection period only at school for the Monday this week and the department of health are very confident that it was only that level of exposure on Monday," he said.

"And of course (it) then has a seven day potential infection period, so those children won't return (to school) probably for a couple of weeks."

"Obviously it is going to be an action that is going to inconvenience a number of parents," Ms Roxon told ABC Radio.

"It is one of the steps that's being taken to try to contain it, to try to stop it becoming a disease that is widespread."

A woman from NSW also contracted the virus while holidaying in America.

Ms Roxon says it is very unlikely that she was infectious while travelling back home, but there are concerns her baby may have the virus.

The baby is one of two suspected cases of "particular concern", she said.

"We don't have the final tests yet, whether the child had or has swine flu, we need to keep going through those processes."

The World Health Organisation has confirmed more than 10,000 cases in 40 different countries.

Source: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/816223/swine-flu-cases-close-melbourne-school
Donna.♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:56 pm

What are everyone opinion's on this supposed vaccine they're bringing out in the next couple of weeks for it? I'll be damned if i'm going to get something injected into me thats barely been tested on a few rats. Its been rushed. How do we know if its safe? I'd rather lie in bed and take a week off work with Swine Flu then most likely get sick from a reaction to an injection. Thank god my parents agree with me on this one so they don't want me getting it either.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ on Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:11 pm

I don't see the point if the Swine flu is no worse than the common cold. But if everyone else is taking it I might too..
Donna.♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm on Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:31 pm

I'll take the week in bed eating chicken noodle soup and drinking lemonade over the needle.
I become a 5 year old girl who's grazed her knee when it comes to needles. Once I turned 18 I swore I'm never getting another one.
Camm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:54 am

Am I the only person in the world that couldn't care less if a needle entered my arm? Of course I mean pain-wise, i'd like to know WHAT they're injecting lol... Although I did have one needle that was worse than my tattoo. But the rest were fine! Even bloodtests Smile
Donna.♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:58 am

I'm fine with needles Smile Bloodtests used to make me feel faint, but I've had a couple recently which I was ok with, so now I'm completely fine with all that. But I've no idea what I'll do about the Swine Flu vaccine when it becomes available.
Summer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:38 pm

Im absolutely rubbish with needles Sad its not the pain, just the going in bit. i nearly fainted the last time, and i dont even have my ears pierced Razz i hope i never have to have another injection. EVER Sad

rhi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:43 pm

Needles don't bother me. As i've mentioned before i'm not an easily scared person so they've never freaked me out. Majority of them do not hurt. The only needle i didn't like was the one i had in year 12 for cervical cancer. It actually went into your bone and it hurt. We had to have 3 doses of that and my god it was strong. I've never had a reaction to any needle before but within half hour of getting that i was home in bed with a massive headache and vomiting.

I don't like blood tests as i don't like the sight of blood but i'll just turn my head away. I don't like getting my blood pressure checked. I get it done everytime i get a new program at the gym. I hate the feeling of it tightening around my arm so i always get a high reading as i get tensed. I guess its a strangulation feeling that makes me queasy. I don't like people touching me around the face or neck either so its all related i guess.

I don't have anything against immunizations. I was immunized as a child and will do the same with my kids but this Swine Flu injection sounds very rushed and not properly tested.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:01 pm

Violet wrote:Needles don't bother me. As i've mentioned before i'm not an easily scared person so they've never freaked me out. Majority of them do not hurt. The only needle i didn't like was the one i had in year 12 for cervical cancer. It actually went into your bone and it hurt. We had to have 3 doses of that and my god it was strong. I've never had a reaction to any needle before but within half hour of getting that i was home in bed with a massive headache and vomiting.

I don't like blood tests as i don't like the sight of blood but i'll just turn my head away. I don't like getting my blood pressure checked. I get it done everytime i get a new program at the gym. I hate the feeling of it tightening around my arm so i always get a high reading as i get tensed. I guess its a strangulation feeling that makes me queasy. I don't like people touching me around the face or neck either so its all related i guess.

I don't have anything against immunizations. I was immunized as a child and will do the same with my kids but this Swine Flu injection sounds very rushed and not properly tested.

The first time i had it done i was exactly the same. i was like OMG my arms going to explode Sad so it made me stressed and he told me to relax coz it was making the readings to mad lol.

x

rhi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum