Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those in the UK.

+2
Mark
Chrissy
6 posters

Go down

For those in the UK. Empty For those in the UK.

Post by Chrissy Thu May 21, 2009 6:29 am

How do-able is the trip from Paris to London?

I'm visiting my friend in Paris and would love, love, love to get to London for a night or two.

I've heard it's pretty easy... any thoughts?
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

For those in the UK. Empty Re: For those in the UK.

Post by Mark Thu May 21, 2009 9:33 am

Well I've never done it that way round but there are a few ways to do it. I know some people that go over to Paris for the weekend and they say it can cost around £30 by plane (perhaps even cheaper). Finding somewhere to stay in London I have no idea about prices because I usually just stay with a mate. But yeah, I think it's very easy.

Of course if you have a car you can take the Channel Tunnel.
Mark
Mark

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:18 pm

Oh I totally missed this thread, sorry Chrissy!

Yes it is pretty easy to get from Paris to London. I'm trying to plan a day trip to Paris with friends sometime over the summer and it looks like a return trip will cost either £49 or £59 by Eurostar (train) youth deals and there are other decent deals out there depending on when you're going. There should also be good deals by plane using budget airlines. And there are loads of affordable hotels around. The actual location depends on where exactly you want to go, if you want to be bang in the centre of town, distance from airport if you're flying out to America afterwards etc. When are you planning on going Chrissy? I wouldn't mind helping out if you would like any more info and I'll try my best to answer (plus you've added me on facebook so feel free to drop me a message there Very Happy)
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 pm

yea, im afraid i dont know much about getting there, apart from the easyjet airline or something like that which is always cheap and cheerful, but there are so many cheap hotels/holiday inns/travel lodges etc. my friend has just planned a weekend in london for this summer, so if you want to know which hotel she chose i can ask her if you like?

xx

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:42 pm

^Thanks,guys! I'm actually coming out in November, it will be my first trip ever overseas!!

I'm so excited, I've heard its a pretty easy trip, like going from state-to-state in America.

Any info you can think of is so appreciated... but if I think of anymore specific questions I'll let you know.

For now, what do you guys think are the MUST SEES in London? I'll only have 2 full days there, I think. I'm into shopping and museums. Also would love to see Buckingham Palace.

Any ideas?

Very Happy
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:56 pm

yea it would be cool if you could see the changing of the guard at the palace but i dont know when they do that. but would be cool Smile
um....the British museum coz its absolutely massive and is actually the oldest museum in the world,
Shakespeare's Globe theatre - obviously all these things depend on where you'll be staying but i mean hopping on and off tubes shouldnt be a problem.
London Eye,
Piccadilly Circus,
HARRODS Razz
Madame Tussaud's which i absolutely love and they're constantly updating it.
London Zoo
The parks,

So yea, there are loads of things, main touristy things are the museum, tussauds and the eye, they were the main things i wanted to see but youll be spoilt for choice. i cant believe youve never been overseas before btw! Smile

Hope you enjoy, i know its a way off yet, but tell us how it goes Razz oh and take a big coat and an umbrella Razz

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:12 pm

the tour bus may be a good thing to do too. that way youl see the 'most important things' to see. xx

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJayne Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:41 pm

You should really hit the shops if your going to London. I'd choose shopping over the touristy stuff any day!
SarahJayne
SarahJayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:46 pm

Cool, you've got ages to plan then if you're going in November!

There are loads of places of interest but you've only got 2 days so you'll have to be selective! I'll just throw out lots of ideas and ultimately you can decide what you want to do Wink

When it comes to shopping, Oxford Street is the main place to go with lots of retail shops to browse through. There are many other markets (e.g. Camden Market which has a trendy, indie vibe), shopping malls (e.g. Westfield which is in Shepherd's Bush, West London and is further out compared to Oxford Street which is in central London, has quite a few upmarket shops). Covent Garden in central London is a nice place too where you can find some upmarket boutiques or stores which sell quirky and cute items like Hello Kitty stuff.

When it comes to museums, the main one I'd recommend would be British museum- entry is free and its quite big. Science Museum, Natural History Museum, Imperial War Museum and Victoria & Albert Museum are among others. When you have some free time, you can read up on those museums to see which one(s) interests you.

To get the full 'tourist' experience, an open top bus ride could be quite cool and the river cruises across the River Thames. If you're into theatres, the West End is definitely the place to go and tickets are constantly on sale around or you could book in advance if you want to be guaranteed good seats. Shakespeare's Globe is great as rhistarr mentioned but if I remember correctly, the show season ends in October. Let's see, other touristy places include: the London eye, London Zoo, the London aquarium, Madame Tussuads, Buckingham Palace...

So yeah, as long as you have a fairly good idea of where you want to go, you will definitely be able to keep yourself occupied for the short time you're in London Smile
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by cl-lola Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:47 pm

these days, travelling across the channel is dead cheap!
when do you come over?
you should definitely go shopping in London. And Paris for that matter Smile
Theres some really nice little individual boutiques scattered around London, you just have to look hard for them Wink
Covent Garden is beautiful - theres always something going on there!
I also recommend the Tate Modern and the Science Museum as they're both free and are a very good day out Smile
Then of course the obvious ones, London Eye, Tower Bridge, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Madame Tussauds - although these are always REALLY busy so you might wanna try booking your visit to save endless queueing!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy your visit to the ukes, be sure to take loads of photo's!
xx
cl-lola
cl-lola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum