Mock The Week

Go down

Mock The Week

Post by SmileAWhile on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Anyone watching the new series? Or maybe this could just be a discussion of the show in general since MTW is endlessly repeated on Dave Wink

I watched the first episode of the new series yesterday on i-player and it was quite funny. Frankie was controversial as always and Hugh didn't seem to have much air time. The show can be quite dependant on the guest comedians and I don't find Gina Yashere particularly funny.

Any favourite comedians/comedians you'll like to see on the show? I think I read that it has a 13 week run so I'm sure there'll be plenty of funny moments along the way Very Happy

Top Summer Heights High Quotes
Mr. G: This is a big show I did last year, Tsunamarama, which was about the Tsunami tragedy set to the music of Bananarama.
Ja'mie: I love your bins, they're so random.
Jonah: Fuck you, miss. I said, "Puck you" with a 'p'. Donít you even know how to spell, miss?
SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mock The Week

Post by rhi on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:04 pm

It's strange, because although i usually like every comedian thats on MTW, i never actually find the show itself funny. I dont know what it is, because when i watch them in other things, i always end up laughing :p meh, who knows.

So im probably not one to talk much about this, but i thought id let you know my feelings Razz

xx

rhi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:33 am

I can see what you mean to a certain extent because sometimes I think that the comedians on the show try too hard to be funny and just butt in to get a joke in which is happening moreso in the more recent series imo. Although I think Frankie Boyle is suited to MTW because I don't particularly think much about his actual stand up. When there are really funny moments on the show, they can be absolutely classic so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this to happen in the new series Smile

Mr. G: This is a big show I did last year, Tsunamarama, which was about the Tsunami tragedy set to the music of Bananarama.
Jonah: Fuck you, miss. I said, "Puck you" with a 'p'. Donít you even know how to spell, miss?
SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:16 pm

Frankie Boyle is actually hilarious. Although he does kinda hog the mic a bit, especially in that 'things you'll never hear' round but he's easily the funniest on it. He just says things that no one else has the balls to say. You always see him kicking about Glasgow, I once bumped into him in Forbidden Planet buying comics and he looked slightly homeless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:43 am

I went to see Mock The Week recorded last series and Frankie doesn't hog the mic, it's just the way it's edited, he normally comes out with the best stuff in those rounds so thats why they show his stuff more than the others. Adam Hills is always great on Mock The Week, i just bought tickets to see him in Colchester, good times.
x

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:06 pm

Yeah I can imagine it being due to editing which is why Frankie seems to get a lot of airtime. That's really cool you went to watch MTW being recorded. I think my friends have tried to get tickets but I heard the waiting list is crazy. I love Adam Hills, he's great on MTW! Have fun at his show and let us know how it goes. I meant to see him live last year in London but my friend was really ill so we didn't go.

SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity-helena on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:23 pm

This is simply the best comedy panel quiz ever - just pipping Shooting Stars. I think I'd like to see Tim Minchin on the panel sometime. Visually, he's like a blond Russell Brand but more of an allrounder. I first heard of him when he was part of the Edinburgh Fringe. I reckon they should give him a try!

Actually, I love Hugh at the voice-overs best. But the hardest I laughed once was from a Commercials That Never Made It To Air round. Frankie came out with Lidl's Own Brand Shampoo - Because Your Worthless... Brilliant!
Serenity-helena

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/serenity_helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Alicealcohol on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:07 am

I bum franke Boyle hehe and mock the week in general! I love you
Alicealcohol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity-helena on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:58 am

Alicealcohol wrote:I bum franke Boyle hehe and mock the week in general! I love you

Bless your little heart..?
Serenity-helena

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/serenity_helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum