US VMAs hosted by Russell Brand

Go down

US VMAs hosted by Russell Brand

Post by Chrissy on Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:47 pm

On tonight. They'll play it a million times, but apparently Janet Jackson is going to do an MJ tribute which is gonna be AWESOME.........
And the only reason I'm watching.

Besides Russell Brand, he's funny.

SO tune in if you can!

Back to top Go down

Re: US VMAs hosted by Russell Brand

Post by SmileAWhile on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:21 am

I'm really looking forward to watching it! I think it will be broadcast tomorrow night for us (as well as the billion times it will be repeated over the next few months Wink). Russell Brand is hilarious and I think he did a pretty good job last year. He seems to have managed to offend quite a few people along the way though Laughing. I hope he's on top form tonight as well Smile

Top Summer Heights High Quotes
Mr. G: This is a big show I did last year, Tsunamarama, which was about the Tsunami tragedy set to the music of Bananarama.
Ja'mie: I love your bins, they're so random.
Jonah: Fuck you, miss. I said, "Puck you" with a 'p'. Donít you even know how to spell, miss?
SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:17 am

SO pumped for Russell and the MJ tribute.
Karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:29 am

I was able to watch them tonight....and yes, there was a moment or so that i'd definitely like to discuss. Of course, I'll wait for everyone else to watch the show before I make comments, so I don't spoil it for anyone.
Whitney

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=566468044

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:45 pm

Lady Gaga stole the show easy. Fucken amazing. She is just wow. Even my mum said she was amazing. I just fucken love her. I dont give a fuck what others say, FAN SINCE DAY ONE!!!!!

Taylor Swift sucks, she needs to eat a sandwich but Kayne West is a prick. You don't say that to a 19 year old girl. He's so racist. Shits on anyone who isn't black. *WHITE POWER* *WHITE POWER* *WE NEED A HOT SHOWER* *HOT SHOWER*

MJ tribute was good. Janet was pretty ordinary but i've never really liked her much. Madonna said it right. If anyone should give the speech its her. She knows exactly how it is.

And who the FUCK invited Joe Jackson? Can he PLZ hurry up and die already?

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:04 pm

Violet wrote:Lady Gaga stole the show easy. Fucken amazing. She is just wow. Even my mum said she was amazing. I just fucken love her. I dont give a fuck what others say, FAN SINCE DAY ONE!!!!!

Taylor Swift sucks, she needs to eat a sandwich but Kayne West is a prick. You don't say that to a 19 year old girl. He's so racist. Shits on anyone who isn't black. *WHITE POWER* *WHITE POWER* *WE NEED A HOT SHOWER* *HOT SHOWER*

MJ tribute was good. Janet was pretty ordinary but i've never really liked her much. Madonna said it right. If anyone should give the speech its her. She knows exactly how it is.

And who the FUCK invited Joe Jackson? Can he PLZ hurry up and die already?

Hands down, easily stated-- Lady Gaga was phenomenal. Agreed that she stole the show, it's ridiculous how vibrant and captivating she is. Genuinely, I find her completely fascinating. As for Taylor, eh..she doesn't do much for me. Yes, Kanye was in the wrong in regards to taking the microphone from her and so forth. Quite frankly though, I think she'll manage. Plenty of stars are backing her up and have expressed how they are on her "side" and such, so if anything...it only made Kanye appear like a fool and landed her the attention.
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:12 pm

She is a true artist. She just makes you feel the music. Yes she is loopy and can be over sexual at times but there is something about her. Everyone of her songs tell a story. This one, the fame kills you. Its almost like she's willing to die for her music. A couple of my friends texted me and went "we can see why you like her so much". I love her. I love her. I love her.

You guys have to watch her. Beyonce was great too. Love her. She is a such a nice person giving Taylor another chance to have her speech.

Yeah she'll get over it. Everyone already knows he is a douche bag. But there was no need for that. Its a bloody MTV award! As if Beyonce gives a shit, she has plenty. Let Taylor have one.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Violet wrote:She is a true artist. She just makes you feel the music. Yes she is loopy and can be over sexual at times but there is something about her. Everyone of her songs tell a story. This one, the fame kills you. Its almost like she's willing to die for her music. A couple of my friends texted me and went "we can see why you like her so much". I love her. I love her. I love her.

You guys have to watch her. Beyonce was great too. Love her. She is a such a nice person giving Taylor another chance to have her speech.

Yeah she'll get over it. Everyone already knows he is a douche bag. But there was no need for that. Its a bloody MTV award! As if Beyonce gives a shit, she has plenty. Let Taylor have one.

Exactly, Lady Gaga is a true artist. She is a risk taker and a fantastic musician and performer. Several people branded her performance as "morbid", but she is simply telling it how it is. Fame can kill you, both physically and mentally. There is no need to "beat around the bush". I believe our generation should be over "sugar coating" life and embrace the unique.

Yes, Beyonce has plenty of prestigious awards--so not winning "Best Female Video" did not hurt her. Not in the slightest. Taylor should have been given her moment, and it was very kind of Beyonce to redeem it for her. I mean, really? did Kanye have to humiliate a 19 year old girl? is that what it has honestly come down to? Very sad.
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:11 pm

I thought the show was very entertaining, I watched it from start to finish. The MJ tribute was great, although I would've liked more from Janet, which is just me being selfish. She looked like she was having a hard time. The clip they showed of "This Is It" made me cry, I can't believe they are going to release it as a movie, and I'm torn because as a fan I want to see it, but I'm also disgusted by it, I don't know.

Let's see... Kanye is an ass, Taylor Swift is ehh, Beyonce is a beautiful and graceful woman. Jay Z is the Greatest Rapper Alive.

Now, Lady GaGa. I have always been a fan of Lady GaGa because of her music. It's addictive. But she's also such an individual and she's so creative, (how I would love to have been working on her makeup!, actually I know who did her hair hehe) She didn't just steal the show last night, she proved herself to be humble and graceful as well.

Now, she's already very popular in the US. I think her speech last night probably sealed the deal for lots of people. I already loved her, but now I love her more!

*EDIT* I forgot to mention that during the bumpers, when the house band was playing... did anyone see Tyson from All American Rejects with the glitter all over him?? It was AWESOME!!! Instead of a shirt, he was wearing GLITTER. I loved it. Anyway... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Chrissy on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:23 pm

With her being so open about her sexuality its great to see her do it for the gays. Another reason why i love her so much is cause she does what she wants to do and doesn't care what anyone thinks. I don't think there is anything wrong with releasing THIS IS IT as a movie thing. As long as its done tastefully and i'm sure it will be.

I love you I love you I love you

I big to differ Chrissy, i think Eminem is the best rapper alive. Wink

As i said, Kayne is a racist. Plain and simple. He insults everyone who isn't black.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:27 pm

Violet wrote:With her being so open about her sexuality its great to see her do it for the gays. Another reason why i love her so much is cause she does what she wants to do and doesn't care what anyone thinks. I don't think there is anything wrong with releasing THIS IS IT as a movie thing. As long as its done tastefully and i'm sure it will be.

I love you I love you I love you

I big to differ Chrissy, i think Eminem is the best rapper alive. Wink

As i said, Kayne is a racist. Plain and simple. He insults everyone who isn't black.

LOL, I wrote that because Jay Z refers to himself as "The Greatest Rapper Alive".
I forgot to mention also that I thought Eminem was hilarious and I was happy for his win. He looks great. And Tracy Morgan was cracking me up haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Em is just gorgeous. Russel Brand is hot and Gerald Butler......*DROOLS*.

Megan Fox shits me. Yes i'd still do her but she's turned into a real bitch.

Would have been good to see Brit Brit, but maybe next time.

They really need to stop acknowledging Joe Jackson though. Everyone knows he is a bastard who deserves to rot in hell. FORGET HE IS THERE. JUST IGNORE HIM.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:02 pm

Poor Russell hardly spoke and it kills me that the VMA audience just doesn't seem to like him. I would have given anything to be at the Walter Kerr to see Muse. The awards are political so who did and didn't deserve to win is completely irrelevant, so way to go, Kayne, for proving what a completely douchtastic moron you are for STILL being unable to comprehend how award shows work. Gaga's performance did nothing for me because I felt that kind of stuff has been done over and over, and I think I've become desensitized. HOWEVER, the girl can SING and I fully recognize that. I just didn't care for her performance so don't flame me. I wish there had been more from Janet. I'm going to hell for laughing at the poor guy who failed so hard at the MJ lean. Madonna and Tyra Banks need to have a me-off. And the biggest thing for me last night was WHAT THE HELL was Lil Mama doing on stage at the end?!?!?

Those were my general thoughts.
Karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Karona wrote:Poor Russell hardly spoke and it kills me that the VMA audience just doesn't seem to like him. I would have given anything to be at the Walter Kerr to see Muse. The awards are political so who did and didn't deserve to win is completely irrelevant, so way to go, Kayne, for proving what a completely douchtastic moron you are for STILL being unable to comprehend how award shows work. Gaga's performance did nothing for me because I felt that kind of stuff has been done over and over, and I think I've become desensitized. HOWEVER, the girl can SING and I fully recognize that. I just didn't care for her performance so don't flame me. I wish there had been more from Janet. I'm going to hell for laughing at the poor guy who failed so hard at the MJ lean. Madonna and Tyra Banks need to have a me-off. And the biggest thing for me last night was WHAT THE HELL was Lil Mama doing on stage at the end?!?!?

I love Muse's "Starlight". For some reason, I was under the impression they had performed before on US television. I was obviously wrong. As for Lil Mama...my thoughts exactly. What was that all about?....perhaps it was rigged? I see no possible statement in the action. Just mindless attention seeking.
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:57 am

I just read a statement by her. "I did not mean any disrespect towards Jay-Z or Alicia Keys. In that moment I came up onstage to celebrate my two icons singing about NY." Oh, girl, you crazy.
Karen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:47 am

Karona wrote:Poor Russell hardly spoke and it kills me that the VMA audience just doesn't seem to like him.

Seriously, he was cracking me and my friend up and NO ONE on the tv laughed or even chuckled we we did. Ah well, most of the audience is probably assholes. I love Russell.

Lady Gaga rules.

Never liked Kanye.

/mythoughts
Sam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:26 am

I enjoyed the MJ tribute. Madonna's speech at the beginning was incredibly heart-warming. She did a great job. Janet did her thing too.

Yep I agree about the audience not warming to Russell. He didn't get to say much anyway and wasn't as controversial as he normally can be but I still think he's great.

What Kanye did was completely unnecessary. I don't know much about Taylor Swift but she definitely didn't deserve that. Beyonce acted so gracefully though giving up her time for her acceptance speech for Taylor. Loved Bee's performance too.

Lady Gaga cracks me up. I absolutely love her music. Sometimes I think she goes a bit too overboard but I do appreciate her uniqueness and eccentric ways.

And I agree, it was a bit random for Lil' Mama to pop out of nowhere during Alicia and Jay Z's performance Question. Regarding her statement, erm..okay then. Anyway I love Alicia Keys Very Happy

All the performances were pretty good too.

Last edited by SmileAWhile on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Mr. G: This is a big show I did last year, Tsunamarama, which was about the Tsunami tragedy set to the music of Bananarama.
Jonah: Fuck you, miss. I said, "Puck you" with a 'p'. Donít you even know how to spell, miss?
SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:30 am

Karona wrote:Poor Russell hardly spoke and it kills me that the VMA audience just doesn't seem to like him. I would have given anything to be at the Walter Kerr to see Muse. The awards are political so who did and didn't deserve to win is completely irrelevant, so way to go, Kayne, for proving what a completely douchtastic moron you are for STILL being unable to comprehend how award shows work. Gaga's performance did nothing for me because I felt that kind of stuff has been done over and over, and I think I've become desensitized. HOWEVER, the girl can SING and I fully recognize that. I just didn't care for her performance so don't flame me. I wish there had been more from Janet. I'm going to hell for laughing at the poor guy who failed so hard at the MJ lean. Madonna and Tyra Banks need to have a me-off. And the biggest thing for me last night was WHAT THE HELL was Lil Mama doing on stage at the end?!?!?

lol! I know! The poor guy, failed so badly. It was just as if he was bending over or something Laughing

SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:28 am

Karona wrote:I just read a statement by her. "I did not mean any disrespect towards Jay-Z or Alicia Keys. In that moment I came up onstage to celebrate my two icons singing about NY." Oh, girl, you crazy.

Oh dear...still, not very wise of her. Silly woman.

SmileAWhile wrote: I know! The poor guy, failed so badly. It was just as if he was bending over or something

Oh my goodness, don't even get me started. Hahaha. That was hilarious... poor guy.
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:15 pm

OK I think I'm the only person in the world who hasn't seen the full show (don't know when it's on in Australia?) but I have seen the news highlights. This is what I think.

Russell Brand = HOT. Glad he was the host. He's fantastic.

Lady Gaga is cool. You have to give her props for always giving people something to talk about.

Kanye = grrrr. I felt soooo sorry for Taylor!!

Beyonce = easily the prettiest woman there. Loved her performance of Single Ladies even though I only saw a glimpse.

I think that's it lol. Until I watch the whole thing anyway.
Donna.♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:24 pm

^The joys of having Pay TV. Razz

I reckon they should stick Kayne West and Chris Brown in a room together. That way Kayne can complain and moan all he wants and Brown will actually have a decent reason for hitting a bitch.

Russell Brand is English. Majority of Americans have their head up their own ass and won't tolerate anyone else from another country, hence why so many Australian artists have trouble trying to break it into US. They probably don't even know who he is.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:04 am

Violet wrote:^The joys of having Pay TV. Razz

I reckon they should stick Kayne West and Chris Brown in a room together. That way Kayne can complain and moan all he wants and Brown will actually have a decent reason for hitting a bitch.

Russell Brand is English. Majority of Americans have their head up their own ass and won't tolerate anyone else from another country, hence why so many Australian artists have trouble trying to break it into US. They probably don't even know who he is.

When asked what his view was on the situation, President Obama called Kanye a "Jackass" haha. It caused me to chuckle. I am aware of who Russel Brand is, and I think he's a great guy. Very humorous.
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:45 am

Violet wrote:Russell Brand is English. Majority of Americans have their head up their own ass and won't tolerate anyone else from another country, hence why so many Australian artists have trouble trying to break it into US. They probably don't even know who he is.

Luckily, SOME of us have GOOD taste in comedy Wink
Sam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:01 am

Whitney wrote:
Violet wrote:^The joys of having Pay TV. Razz

When asked what his view was on the situation, President Obama called Kanye a "Jackass" haha. It caused me to chuckle. I am aware of who Russel Brand is, and I think he's a great guy. Very humorous.

Haha, I couldn't believe it when my mum told me President Obama said that. Oh well, he's just speaking the truth Wink

SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:53 pm

I assume his daughters would be fans of Taylor. Good to know he's up to date with all the goss hahaha. Bush wouldn't even know who Kayne is.

"Is that a town in Israel?" scratch

I don't mean to offend, but America does have a rep of being a pig headed country to most of the world. I know not EVERY American is like that. But i guess i'll say thats the stereotype that's proclaimed.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum