Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balloon Boy.

2 posters

:: News

Go down

Balloon Boy. Empty Balloon Boy.

Post by Whitney Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:11 am

FORT COLLINS, Colo. -- A 6-year-old boy, who was feared adrift in a wayward homemade helium balloon, was found safe in his home after a massive search Thursday afternoon.The discovery ended a nerve-wracking four-hour chase and hunt that began because authorities and family members believed that Falcon Heene accidentally lifted off in the family's silver saucer-shaped weather balloon when it became untethered from their Fort Collins back yard.Hundreds of thousands of people worldwide watched on live TV and on the Internet as helicopter cameras tracked the balloon as it floated thousands of feet above rural Colorado before it softly crashed in a plowed field.Swarming deputies soon reported that the boy was not on board."Be advised it's empty ... It's empty," an official announced on the Larimer County dispatcher radio.That prompted a massive ground search, with law enforcement agencies retracing the balloon's path in an effort to try and locate the missing boy.Then, just after 4 p.m., a stunning announcement from the Larimer County sheriff."He's at the house and he's fine," Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden told a throng of TV cameras and reporters. "He's been hiding in a cardboard box in the attic above the garage."

Yes, we've all heard about this situation...it truly disgusts me that Richard Heene would go to such lengths to achive "fame". When this was being aired on live television, before we knew it to be a hoax....it completely reminded me of Phil and his castle incident. Haha.
Whitney
Whitney

https://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=566468044

Back to top Go down

Balloon Boy. Empty Re: Balloon Boy.

Post by Sam Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:41 pm

It reminded me of that too!

This was the stupidest thing I've ever heard. And it was priority on the news for like, 2 weeks. God, so annoying.
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum