Britons Among The 'Ugliest People'.

:: News

Go down

Britons Among The 'Ugliest People'.

Post by Vi on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:14 pm

Source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/the-other-side/britons-among-the-ugliest-people/story-e6frfhk6-1225796834045

Britons are among the ugliest people in the world, according to a dating website that says it only allows "beautiful people" to join.

Fewer than one in eight British men and just three in 20 women who have applied to BeautifulPeople.com have been accepted, an emailed statement from the website showed.

Existing members of the "elite dating site" rate how attractive potential members are over a 48 hour period, after applicants upload a recent photo and personal profile.

Swedish men have proved the most successful, with 65 percent being accepted, while Norwegian women are considered the most beautiful with 76 percent accepted, the website said.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

The way that BeautifulPeople.com accepts new members is simple. A potential member applies with a photo and a brief profile. Over 48 hours, existing members of the opposite sex vote whether or not to admit them, the site said.

Options are: "Yes definitely," "Hmm yes, O.K," "Hmm no, not really" and "No definitely not."

The site was founded in 2002 in Denmark and went live across the globe last month. Since then, the site has rejected nearly 1.8 million people from 190 countries, admitting just 360,000 new members.

"I would say Britain is stumbling because they don't spend as much time polishing up their appearance and they are letting themselves down on physical fitness," Beautiful People managing director Greg Hodge said. "Next to Brazilian and Scandinavian beauties, British people just aren't as toned or glamorous."

Only the male Russian and Polish applicants fared worse than British men, although Russian women had a 44 percent acceptance rate. Polish women did not appear in the table.

German applicants were slated for offering up unflattering photographs, which may have hindered their acceptance rates at 15 percent for men and 13 percent for women, the lowest rate in their category.

"German men and women aren't faring well, but they are submitting stern images, they need to soften up," Hodge said.

44 per cent? Not bad. Not bad.

Anyway, who is their club president, Mariah Carey? What shallow, egotistical people. ROFL it made me laugh cause its so stupid, hence why i posted it. Who cares what Nationality you are? Though its been proven many times that many, many men are attracted to women of Italian and Spanish hertiage, its still ridiculous.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Britons Among The 'Ugliest People'.

Post by Vi on Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:27 pm

I dare one of you girls to try it ROFL.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:40 am

Violet wrote:Source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/the-other-side/britons-among-the-ugliest-people/story-e6frfhk6-1225796834045

Britons are among the ugliest people in the world, according to a dating website that says it only allows "beautiful people" to join.

Fewer than one in eight British men and just three in 20 women who have applied to BeautifulPeople.com have been accepted, an emailed statement from the website showed.

Existing members of the "elite dating site" rate how attractive potential members are over a 48 hour period, after applicants upload a recent photo and personal profile.

Swedish men have proved the most successful, with 65 percent being accepted, while Norwegian women are considered the most beautiful with 76 percent accepted, the website said.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

The way that BeautifulPeople.com accepts new members is simple. A potential member applies with a photo and a brief profile. Over 48 hours, existing members of the opposite sex vote whether or not to admit them, the site said.

Options are: "Yes definitely," "Hmm yes, O.K," "Hmm no, not really" and "No definitely not."

The site was founded in 2002 in Denmark and went live across the globe last month. Since then, the site has rejected nearly 1.8 million people from 190 countries, admitting just 360,000 new members.

"I would say Britain is stumbling because they don't spend as much time polishing up their appearance and they are letting themselves down on physical fitness," Beautiful People managing director Greg Hodge said. "Next to Brazilian and Scandinavian beauties, British people just aren't as toned or glamorous."

Only the male Russian and Polish applicants fared worse than British men, although Russian women had a 44 percent acceptance rate. Polish women did not appear in the table.

German applicants were slated for offering up unflattering photographs, which may have hindered their acceptance rates at 15 percent for men and 13 percent for women, the lowest rate in their category.

"German men and women aren't faring well, but they are submitting stern images, they need to soften up," Hodge said.

44 per cent? Not bad. Not bad.

Anyway, who is their club president, Mariah Carey? What shallow, egotistical people. ROFL it made me laugh cause its so stupid, hence why i posted it. Who cares what Nationality you are? Though its been proven many times that many, many men are attracted to women of Italian and Spanish hertiage, its still ridiculous.

thats bollocks for a start lol, but yea, this is ridiculous Razz we should send a pic of you know who in with pursed lips..................or not?

rhi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tornmuscle on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:57 am

We could submit Ja'mie. She's hot.
tornmuscle

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/NameInVainProduction

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:58 am

Oh I've heard of this site. It was featured on some TV programme a couple of years ago I think. People really take this site seriously. Rolling Eyes

Top Summer Heights High Quotes
Mr. G: This is a big show I did last year, Tsunamarama, which was about the Tsunami tragedy set to the music of Bananarama.
Ja'mie: I love your bins, they're so random.
Jonah: Fuck you, miss. I said, "Puck you" with a 'p'. Donít you even know how to spell, miss?
SmileAWhile

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamishmash on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:02 am

Nope. I live in Britain. We're pretty fucking ugly.
Hamishmash

View user profile http://www.hamishsteele.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:02 am

Vi and I had a good laugh at this website. For thrills and kills Ja'mie should be submitted. Haha.
Whitney

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=566468044

Back to top Go down

Post by tornmuscle on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:07 am

We like to joke around alot on this forum about how "hot" Ja'mie is. But in all seriousness, if the people rating the photo have never heard of Chris Lilley, she's got a pretty good chance of being accepted.
tornmuscle

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/NameInVainProduction

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:16 am

True that, true that.
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi on Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:01 am

LOL Ja'mie. If Aussie's judge it though they'll know she's really a dude in drag though. Its tempting though...especially the pic of her in my sig hahaa.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:01 pm

Did you end up joining, for the hell of it Vi?
tongue
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:33 am

LOL. What a stupid website! I reckon people would join just for curiosity and then leave if they're accepted... one of us should do it haha.

EDIT: I've just had a look at the website and it's even more stupid than I thought. At the bottom it says, "Too ugly to sign up? Click here to browse instead". WTF????? Lol...
Donna.♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: News

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum