Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paranormal Activity

+4
tornmuscle
Whitney
Vi
Donna.♥
8 posters

Go down

Paranormal Activity Empty Paranormal Activity

Post by Donna.♥ Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:26 am

Ok... so this is the new movie that's got everyone here talking. Apparantly it's one of the scariest movies ever made. It's made from the same producers as the ones who made Blair Witch and it's captured in the same 'video camera' style. In Aus it comes out December 3rd, not sure about the rest of the world. I have to admit I CANNOT wait till this movie is released. I'm gonna watch it straightaway! Lots of people here have already seen it online illegally.. lol. So if you have as well don't ruin it for the rest hehe.. oh and sorry if this movie has already been mentioned in another thread, haven't been around for a while.

Here's the awesome trailer:
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Paranormal Activity Empty Re: Paranormal Activity

Post by Vi Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:46 am

Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:53 am

It was released out here in the US about a month or so ago...

Don't let the previews fool you, love. It truly was a waste of money, I promise you.
Whitney
Whitney

https://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=566468044

Back to top Go down

Post by tornmuscle Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:03 am

That's what I've been hearing.
tornmuscle
tornmuscle

https://www.youtube.com/user/NameInVainProduction

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:27 am

Really? Naww Sad

Oh well I'm gonna watch it at the movies anyway coz I already told someone I'd go with them... we'll see.
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:37 am

It's the lamest piece of crap I've ever seen.
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:55 am

I didn't find it scary in the slightest. Same with Blair Witch though...and yeah I saw that shit when I was about 9. LOL. I think though its meant for people who don't usually watch horrors/thrillers. Its not the blood and gore thats meant to scare you, but the thought that this could happen to you, well if you believe in demons and shit. Its meant to make you feel...paranoid hence PARANORMAL activity.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:41 am

The film in general just dragged on. I zoned out quite a bit. Oh the thrills..
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:54 am

Damn. Well I have a cousin who watched it online and she said the same thing. I reckon I find these kind of movies more scary than gory ones. I don't like the gory ones at all. I told my friend who I told I'd go to see it with and he said he still wanted to see it.. meh. I'm gonna go anyway.

So... do you guys mean it's crap as in not scary or crap as in bad quality/bad acting, etc? Or both?
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:35 pm

The thing with this movie is, you've gotta watch it from the characters POV. I mean as an audience member we see a door slam shut and we're like "OMG sooo scary, not!" in a real sarcastic tone, but if this shit was happening to you in real life you'd be scared shitless. I would be. I hate not being in control of something.

Best bit was when DON'T LOOK DONNA...

The bitch ate the floor when it dragged her from the bed. MWAHAHHAAA.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:31 pm

^Yes, Violet, thats a good point.

I'm not a fan of scary movies at all, I get freaked out, I hate when things pop out at me, and although blood and gore doesn't really bother me, I'd rather Not look at it.

This movie didn't scare me. I thought the actors were boring.

But lots of people liked it too, so it's possible that you would have a totally different opinion, Donna.
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:57 pm

Some idiots are going around calling the girl Katie fat.....

No wonder girls have body issues. :/
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:45 pm

^ ug, yeah. Just like when people were calling kate winslet fat. I mean, what the fuck are people (boys) thinking??

I still REALLY want to see this!!!! Just wanna see for myself. And because you all hate it and my friends really liked it so I'm like...whaaat.
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Although I personally wasn't very fond of the film, it's quite possible you ladies may enjoy it. It has received mixed reviews, so it's simply a matter of "taste".

Yes, the idea of "demon possession" is a frightening one..I completely agree, but many films have revolved around great ideas that have not been executed correctly. The dialogue and film in general still needs to captivate it's audience (and it this case, it has captivated some..) I just found it bland. It doesn't take blood and gore in a horror film to scare me, I just felt like this one dragged..and dragged...

SPOILER ALERT:

Although..admittedly so, I did find two specific parts somewhat eerie..

1. When she randomly wakes up in the middle of the night and simply hovers over her boyfriend for hours...that made me feel uncomfortable.

2. When it panned over to the "footprints" and they were actual handprints. Eh..

Other than that, I found it humorous as well when the bitch ate the floor. Hahaha
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:57 pm

LOL Yeah, isn't it funny how some people perceive "fat"?

I guess it's part of the business but that is ridiculous.

EDIT* Yes, the hovering was creepy, I agree.
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:48 pm

Whitney wrote:Although I personally wasn't very fond of the film, it's quite possible you ladies may enjoy it. It has received mixed reviews, so it's simply a matter of "taste".

Yes, the idea of "demon possession" is a frightening one..I completely agree, but many films have revolved around great ideas that have not been executed correctly. The dialogue and film in general still needs to captivate it's audience (and it this case, it has captivated some..) I just found it bland. It doesn't take blood and gore in a horror film to scare me, I just felt like this one dragged..and dragged...

SPOILER ALERT:

Although..admittedly so, I did find two specific parts somewhat eerie..

1. When she randomly wakes up in the middle of the night and simply hovers over her boyfriend for hours...that made me feel uncomfortable.

2. When it panned over to the "footprints" and they were actual handprints. Eh..

Other than that, I found it humorous as well when the bitch ate the floor. Hahaha

Oh god, that sent shivers down my spine. I love horror movies but it REALLY freaks me out when humans do non human things lol. Like on the deleted scenes from The Exorcist, it shows Regan crab-walking backwards downstairs with that horrible long black tongue of hers wagging about. ew. clever though Razz but kids, dont try this at home!

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:08 am

Vi and I were discussing the "footprints" last night. They definitely look like giant chicken feet. Hahaha.

I've come across that clip of Regan actually, and I agree...it was quite eerie!
Ah, but I love horror films. Smile
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie :3 Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Two girls in front of me were laughing their heads off about it when i saw it....I had nightmares and i didn't stick my foot out of the bed until 2 months past
Lizzie :3
Lizzie :3

http://beyond-the-pink-sky.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum