What's going on in your country?

:: Politics

Go down

What's going on in your country?

Post by Sarah on Fri May 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Wow, the old politics section is kind of covered in cobwebs with crickets chirping in the background! I'm not exactly 100% clued into politics, but I always love learning about other people's countries, so was wondering if anyone wanted to discuss the main issues in their own countries here? Through Chrissy's facebook thread I learnt that the Obama birth certificate thing was quite the issue in the US of late lol, and that Donald Trump was actually considering running for president??! Seriously??! Anyway what else is going on people?

If you want to know about what Australian politics are all about at the moment, I have two words for you: carbon tax. It's all we're bloody hearing about, because our prime minister Julia Gillard (the ranga Razz) promised she would never have one but now she wants to introduce it and make the major polluters pay tax for their carbon emissions and people are cranky to say the least (because the major carbon omitters are electricity companies so if they are taxed on their carbon they will raise electricity bills, and they are already through the roof in Australia at the moment! But the goverment says they'll use the tax money to help us with the bills somehow apparently - a lot of people are against it, I'm against higher electricity bills but for the big polluters to try and find greener ways to run so they avoid being taxed, so I'm on the fence really!) - That's what i understand of the carbon tax issue anyway, like I said I'm not always 100% clued in.

That seems to be the main issue here, plus the new budget was released and people think they're just wasting money, they want to give all pensioners free set top boxes so they are set up for when tv goes digital but people are saying it's a waste of money. Those seem to be the main Aussie political issues at the moment lol, carbon tax and set top boxes! Razz

Anyway I'd love to hear what's going on in everyone else's countries from your own perspectives! Just trying to breathe a bit of life into the politics section Razz
Sarah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What's going on in your country?

Post by Lizzie :3 on Sat May 21, 2011 1:24 am

Hahahaha I love your post here, Sarah truly funny indeed
With the whole cobwebs and cricketsin the background LOL.
Ughhhhhh don't get me started on Julia Gillard I know she's a woman and that and she should be "inspiring" but I prefer Kevin07
Now THAT'S a prime minister, he rocked.
And the carbon tax thing Omg it's doing my head in!
Set top boxes too! I bought one the other week and I set it up and everything and all I see is ......nothing....
So I tried for 2 hours trying to set up the goddamn thing and still nuthin
Digital Set top box my ass!!
Although I'm too young to FULLY understand all the politics thingamajiggaby
But I have one question:

Do you think Julia attended 'Sorry Ranga Day' ?
Razz
Lizzie :3

View user profile http://beyond-the-pink-sky.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam on Sat May 21, 2011 3:01 am

I haven't had time to read the newspapers lately/reading the news online so the last major things I've heard about was as you mentioned Sarah, the questioning of Obama's place of birth. Then Trump egging him on, Trump saying he's considering running for prez, Obama then disses Trump and he can't take the heat, Trump says he's not going to run. Woo! Trump is a funny last name...

And we've also been hearing a lot about Bin Laden's death and whether they should release the footage of him being killed, which they obviously didn't. Kind of old news, yeah, but that's the last stuff I've been hearing about lol.
Sam

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah on Sat May 21, 2011 4:10 pm

Yes the Bin Laden thing was massive! Julia Gillard warned Australian's not to celebrate in the streets and such like a lot of Americans did and a lot of people thought the whole dancing in the street over his death and chanting 'USA' thing was wrong. I know he was an evil bastard who destroyed a lot of lives but surely celebrating a death isn't good for the soul.

Lol Lizzie the latest poll shows that Queensland prefers Kev as the pm, I felt so sorry for the way he was given the boot! I want KRudd back! KEVIN 11!!!
Sarah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie :3 on Sun May 22, 2011 4:08 am

Ah!! Kevin 11! That's very good of you Sarah Wink
Haha the bin laden thing was on EVERY newspaper, front page over here
I just took one look at it and went :O!!!
OMG IT CANT BE!!.......there's an interview on Chris! LOL.
I think one life isn't enough for all the lives he destroyed not to mention the families also
He truly is hell on earth, apart from dumbass Hitler.
>.>
Lizzie :3

View user profile http://beyond-the-pink-sky.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Politics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum