Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obese People Cause Global Warming.

3 posters

:: News

Go down

Obese People Cause Global Warming. Empty Obese People Cause Global Warming.

Post by Vi Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Source: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25365017-401,00.html

THE rising number of fat people has been blamed for global warming.

Scientists warned that the increase in big-eaters means more food production - a major cause of CO2 gas emissions warming the planet, according to a report in The Sun.

The environmental impact of fat humans is made even worse because they are more likely to travel by car - another major cause of carbon emissions.

Each fat person is said to be responsible for a tonne more of climate-warming carbon dioxide per year than a thin one due to factors including higher food and fuel consumption.

It means an extra billion tonnes of CO2 a year is created, according to World Health Organisation estimates of overweight people.

Dr Phil Edwards, of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, said: “Moving about in a heavy body is like driving in a gas guzzler.”

Researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine say wealthy nations like the US and Britain are getting fatter by the decade.

“Food production accounts for about one fifth of greenhouse gases,” Dr Edwards said.

“We need to do a lot more to reverse the global trend towards fatness. It is a key factor in the battle to reduce carbon emissions and slow climate change.

“This is about over-consumption by the wealthy countries. And the world demand for meat is increasing to match that of Britain and America.

The study by Dr Edwards and colleague Ian Roberts is published in the International Journal of Epidemiology.

Dr Edwards went on: “We are not just pointing the finger at fat people. All populations are getting fatter and it has an impact on the environment."

A staggering 40 per cent of Americans are obese, among 300 million worldwide.

Australian Professor Paul Zimmet predicted a disastrous obesity pandemic back in 2006.

Predictions for Australia are even more alarming than America, with 60 per cent of Australia's population expected to be obese by 2019.

Oxfam warned yesterday that the number of people hit by climate-related disasters will soar by more than half in the next six years to 375 million.

The impact of more storms, floods and droughts could overwhelm aid organisations.

ROFL.....
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Obese People Cause Global Warming. Empty Re: Obese People Cause Global Warming.

Post by Mr. G Rules Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:58 pm

i don't get it! Laughing but good thing that i'm not obese!
Mr. G Rules
Mr. G Rules

https://www.facebook.com/people/Jesse-Watkins/1397073293

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:20 pm

Its a ridiculous biased article basically saying that food production causes a gas called CO2, harmful to our atmosphere and fat people eat alot of food so they're causing it. Bloody ridiculous. Not all obese people eat like farm animals. How discriminating. I'm about 62kgs (if that, haven't weighed myself for a while) and i ate a whole freggin' packet of Tim Tams this evening. I believe obesity is really horrible and its sad to see young people struggling with weight problems. It makes you wonder HOW they got that big. Lack of exercise? Poor diet? These people know they're not healthy and probably have low self esteem as it is, but this stupid article is just another excuse for shallow people to rip on obese people.

What's next...they're gonna claim earthquakes are caused by fat people having sex? (mental picture..... Shocked )
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:46 pm

I think , speaking from experience, people shouldn't blame anyone for their size but themselves. I'm overwieght and have bad dietary habits and am unfit and am lazy and I can accept that and thats the way I am, but I'm comfortable in my body so fuck anybody who wants to tease me (which my Mum does regularly and I'm quick with a fuck off to her too) but also to people who want to blame it on others. I understand that due to people's sizes that they may not be able to engage in intensive excercise but they can start off gradually and go harderthe fitter they get. I've heard of people getting durgery and taking appetite suppresents which I think is insanely stupid, there is a natural way to do it and it's starts with eating less and healthier and doing exercise. Not hard at all. In fact I think I'll go for a run tonight.
Plus overweight people don't always overeat, I know people with insane metabolisms that eat far more then I do (although I don't eat alot, I eat unintelligently, like late at night because working in fast food for four years removed my appetite for lunch and wanting to sleep in removed my appetite for breakfast, I feel strange doing either, when I should be eating more over the course of the day of small rations to keep my metabolism ticking along but I choose not to).
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Losing weight isn't as hard as people make it out to be. The hard part is finding the motivation to do it. Sure it'll be a little hard at first because your body won't be used to it and thats when people give up. Thats the laziness right there. If you're over 100kgs i don't expect you to jump on the treadmill and run non stop for 30mins. You can always start with cutting out fatty foods and watch a few kilos slip away just by doing that. Yes exercise is VERY important, do not get me wrong. But it really does come down to what you put in your mouth. I eat like a horse. Literally i will eat fucken anything (but meat) thats shoved in front of my face LOL, but i go to the gym to work it off. I know i'm not going to lose weight but i'm happy with my figure, i'm not fat in the slightest, i gotta maintain it. But once they've lost those few kilos, it might encourage them to start a bit of exercise as well. Taking your time to lose the weight slowly will help you keep it off for longer. My friend lost 10kgs recently and she looks fantastic. Men also tend to lose weight easier then women. They're lucky. But they don't have PMS like we do. I feel like a pregnant whale when i'm on my period hahaa.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down