Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sucky Music: Music That Sucks.

+2
Camm
Vi
6 posters

:: Other

Go down

Sucky Music: Music That Sucks. Empty Sucky Music: Music That Sucks.

Post by Vi Tue May 19, 2009 6:03 pm

I'll start off with a quote from this douchebag:

Brandon Flowers from THE KILLERS:

"I don't mean it in a bad way but I think Kurt Cobain and grunge took the fun out of rock and roll."

&

"We’ve been embraced in Britain in a way that I’ll never understand, and it’s such a wonderful thing. But over here [in America], people are still so obsessed with Led Zeppelin and Nirvana, those sorts of bands, that nobody else is allowed [to grow]. It’s not just us; there are a lot of great bands that have been held down or confined by the influence of these people that we’ve put up on pedestals. I’m tired of it, you know? I just want to knock them all off! And people don’t like that attitude. It’s almost like they don’t believe that it’s possible that anybody else can be the real deal."

What a tool....

Grunge isn't supposed to be happy go la la music! Its fucken real. More real then any of that shit the Killers will ever produce.

"Are we human or are we dancers..." WTF.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sucky Music: Music That Sucks. Empty Re: Sucky Music: Music That Sucks.

Post by Camm Tue May 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Violet wrote:I'll start off with a quote from this douchebag:

"I don't mean it in a bad way but I think Kurt Cobain and grunge took the fun out of rock and roll."

&

"We’ve been embraced in Britain in a way that I’ll never understand, and it’s such a wonderful thing. But over here [in America], people are still so obsessed with Led Zeppelin and Nirvana, those sorts of bands, that nobody else is allowed [to grow]. It’s not just us; there are a lot of great bands that have been held down or confined by the influence of these people that we’ve put up on pedestals. I’m tired of it, you know? I just want to knock them all off! And people don’t like that attitude. It’s almost like they don’t believe that it’s possible that anybody else can be the real deal."

What a tool....

Grunge isn't supposed to be happy go la la music! Its fucken real. More real then any of that shit the Killers will ever produce.

Oh, just two bands that redefined music??? The Killers were OK, but they did kinda rip-off New Order (and check out the Crystal film clip if you don't believe me). This guy is an idiot though, if what he says is true then the Rolling Stones wouldn't have gone far because everybody was still in love with the Beatles... and that didn't happen as far I can tell.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Wed May 20, 2009 4:57 am

Violet wrote:I'll start off with a quote from this douchebag:

&

What a tool....

Ummm, yeah, 'cause The Killers SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK!!

Douche. Hope no one is offended by that word. That makes me so angry! Mad
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Wed May 20, 2009 5:08 pm

I like "Somebody Told Me" but thats about it.

He's just jealous he can't come up with original sounding music and when The Killers disband people won't be buying their CD's still after 15 years.

I guess he feels "if i attack these bands, people will take me seriously". WRONG. They think you're a complete moron.

Still the comment about grunge not being happy music makes me LOL. Teen Angst bitch, look it up. But aren't morons supposed to be happy 24/7? Ah that explains everything....
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sucky Music: Music That Sucks. Empty Re: Music that sucks!

Post by Serenity-helena Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:07 am

If I were to ask any of the teenagers that hang around my house to write lists, I guarantee you that they'd know more Nirvana than Killers songs. My 15 year old is forever strumming their material - in fact he thought The Man Who Sold The World was a Kurt song not a cover. So the man's made a bit more impact on the listening world - long after his death, too.
Serenity-helena
Serenity-helena

http://www.myspace.com/serenity_helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:53 am

Serenity-helena wrote:If I were to ask any of the teenagers that hang around my house to write lists, I guarantee you that they'd know more Nirvana than Killers songs. My 15 year old is forever strumming their material - in fact he thought The Man Who Sold The World was a Kurt song not a cover. So the man's made a bit more impact on the listening world - long after his death, too.

I hope you promptly whipped him into line. Apparently Bowie regularly has teenagers coming up to him telling him how cool it is that he covered a Nirvana song lol.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Oh wow. I know this was tweeted with Ja'mie over the top of it. But I hadn't actually heard the absolute drivel that this song was!! Love the article that goes with it though, especially the very end :p

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/55610

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizzie :3 Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:40 pm

^ ughhhhhh Rhiiiiii I absolutely hateeeeeeee that song!!!!!!
She's sooo annoying ughhh, I only like the Ja'mie video but i friggin hate the song
Lizzie :3
Lizzie :3

http://beyond-the-pink-sky.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Other

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum