Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Idol 2009

+2
Camm
Donna.♥
6 posters

Go down

Australian Idol 2009 Empty Australian Idol 2009

Post by Donna.♥ Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:51 am

Anyone planning on watching it this year?

Here's the promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h08uT8FyFr4

Don't know what to think. I hope I have a favourite this year. Haven't had one for a few years now.
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Australian Idol 2009 Empty Re: Australian Idol 2009

Post by Camm Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:49 am

I won't be watching it.
I think the whole concept is sickening, an Australian pop-star who hasn't been on Neighbours?
Oh the humanity of it all.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:45 am

I think I'm going to watch it on principle, if I can find out when it starts.
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:17 pm

No i don't like Idol, never have. I like Jessica Mauboy though, but the show itself is a joke. The chick mocking Madonna in that add deserves to be shot...dead.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:13 pm

LOL.

I have bad feelings about this year.

BUT I will give it a try.

And Anthony Callea was born from Idol and he's my favourite singer of all time so they must be good for something.

And some of them are quite talented! I really liked Wes Carr.
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:38 pm

^Wasn't Anthony on some other child performing show when he was younger? I remember watching a bit of it in some show.

Wes Carr is a nice guy. I met him at the AFI awards and he was really down to earth.

I have nothing against the performers, its just the show itself that is a joke. I mean they all get contracts in the end and Mark Holden is a dickhead as Kyle is a prick.

But then again, it gave us Ikky Lee so i'm not too thrilled about that! Hahaha.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:54 pm

I'd rather they bring back Rock Star. INXS need a new lead singer, don't they?
At least they sing great songs and have attitude, they aren't just cookie-cutter teeny-boopers.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:50 pm

^Maybe if they had chosen Marty instead of JD on the US Rock Star they wouldn't still need a singer. Sigh, still bitter after all these years.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:47 am

Violet wrote:^Wasn't Anthony on some other child performing show when he was younger? I remember watching a bit of it in some show.

Wes Carr is a nice guy. I met him at the AFI awards and he was really down to earth.

I have nothing against the performers, its just the show itself that is a joke. I mean they all get contracts in the end and Mark Holden is a dickhead as Kyle is a prick.

But then again, it gave us Ikky Lee so i'm not too thrilled about that! Hahaha.

Young Talent Time Very Happy
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:36 pm

Karona wrote:^Maybe if they had chosen Marty instead of JD on the US Rock Star they wouldn't still need a singer. Sigh, still bitter after all these years.

It'll be you and me up in the trees and the forest will give us the answers.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:55 pm

LDKSJFLKASDJLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, I liked him so much I can't help it.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:19 am

Karona wrote:^Maybe if they had chosen Marty instead of JD on the US Rock Star they wouldn't still need a singer. Sigh, still bitter after all these years.

Mig Ayessa was my favourite to win.
And what ever happened to Supernova? Apart from get sued and forced to change their name. They made the wrong choice on that one too, clearly Toby was the best of the lot!
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:58 pm

^I completely forgot about them, lol. They apparently dissipated very quickly.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:03 am

Anyone familiar with American Idol contestant, Adam Lambert? vocal brilliance.
Whitney
Whitney

https://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=566468044

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:45 pm

Whitney wrote:Anyone familiar with American Idol contestant, Adam Lambert? vocal brilliance.

Can't say I am. I avoid the Idol contestants in general (that being said I know Lee Harding lol). If they aren't good enough to land a deal on their own merit then they aren't good enough for me to want to be a fan of.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:39 am

Camm wrote:
Whitney wrote:Anyone familiar with American Idol contestant, Adam Lambert? vocal brilliance.

Can't say I am. I avoid the Idol contestants in general (that being said I know Lee Harding lol). If they aren't good enough to land a deal on their own merit then they aren't good enough for me to want to be a fan of.

I agree in regards to usually avoiding Idol contestants as well-- Although I am acquainted with Mr. Lambert (through the musical theater world) and he's a great guy. Great personality and vocals. He was the "runner-up".
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Australian Idol 2009 Empty Re:Australian Idol

Post by Serenity-helena Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:01 pm

We have the excruciatingly similar X Factor on at the moment in Britain which I DO watch until the auditions are over - just to laugh at the sodding eedjits who think they're good when they're shite. Duff notes, bad timing, no rhythm ect. That's entertainment!

But I agree with Camm. It should be off their own merits that they succeed. It's maybe easier contest fashion to reach to the world, but I like to know that a band/singer has worked hard, starting from small beginnings. That gets my respect more.
Serenity-helena
Serenity-helena

http://www.myspace.com/serenity_helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:37 am

Serenity-helena wrote:We have the excruciatingly similar X Factor on at the moment in Britain which I DO watch until the auditions are over - just to laugh at the sodding eedjits who think they're good when they're shite. Duff notes, bad timing, no rhythm ect. That's entertainment!

But I agree with Camm. It should be off their own merits that they succeed. It's maybe easier contest fashion to reach to the world, but I like to know that a band/singer has worked hard, starting from small beginnings. That gets my respect more.

That's definitely undertandable, but I have a friend who recently competed on American Idol and he's been working at his career for various years, and has in fact, paid his dues. He wasn't simply bored one day, and didn't just decide to audition for thrills and kills. For performers, it really is a great platform. Sure, the show may be "cheesy" and such, but it has helped many at least make a name for themselves.
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity-helena Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Whitney wrote:
Serenity-helena wrote:We have the excruciatingly similar X Factor on at the moment in Britain which I DO watch until the auditions are over - just to laugh at the sodding eedjits who think they're good when they're shite. Duff notes, bad timing, no rhythm ect. That's entertainment!

That's definitely undertandable, but I have a friend who recently competed on American Idol and he's been working at his career for various years, and has in fact, paid his dues. He wasn't simply bored one day, and didn't just decide to audition for thrills and kills. For performers, it really is a great platform. Sure, the show may be "cheesy" and such, but it has helped many at least make a name for themselves.

In Britain, some who were assured pop stardom from Cowell have faded into the lesser end of entertainment eg. clubs, panto, West End shows ect, and that's achievement enough, I suppose - it's a living anyhow.

I remember going to a Suede gig a few years back and Razorlight were the support band then, now they've achieved more than the main band did! I like those kind of stories but maybe that's just the old rock 'n' roller in me. Did your friend win, by the way?
Serenity-helena
Serenity-helena

http://www.myspace.com/serenity_helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Australian Idol may not be returning next year. God i hope thats true.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:51 am

Serenity-helena wrote: In Britain, some who were assured pop stardom from Cowell have faded into the lesser end of entertainment eg. clubs, panto, West End shows ect, and that's achievement enough, I suppose - it's a living anyhow.

I remember going to a Suede gig a few years back and Razorlight were the support band then, now they've achieved more than the main band did! I like those kind of stories but maybe that's just the old rock 'n' roller in me. Did your friend win, by the way?

I don't know, but if you ask me..Broadway is still an amazing accomplishment. I'm a musical theater performer, so Broadway is my love. Hah.
No, my friend did not win--however, he did receive the runner-up position in this past 2009 season. It resulted in him getting signed by a record label. His debut material is due out in November, so we'll see how it all goes.

Last edited by Whitney on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar mistake.)
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down