Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!

+4
Chrissy
Karen
Vi
Sam
8 posters

Go down

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland! Empty Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!

Post by Sam Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:15 am

Who else is excited?! What a Face

I've been waiting OVER 2 YEARS for this movie and it's finally coming out this friday!!!!!!!

Tim Burton is one of my inspirational heroes, Johnny Depp is my favorite actor EVER and the Alice story is of course one of my favorites as I've adored the book and animated Disney adaption. This movie is like a dream come true for me. I'm DYING to see this.

Anyone else if not enthralled to see it gonna at least give it a go?
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland! Empty Re: Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland!

Post by Vi Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:27 am

Special FX's look good. That chick who plays Alice is so ugly though LOL. 20 my ass - more like 40. I saw a pic of her the other day. Sorry immature and shallow of me but I'm not the only one who thought that so I don't feel so bad!

I personally prefer Johnny Depp in movies like Blow and Public Enemies but I'll probably see this - I like Tim Burton too! But I don't understand HOW many times this movie needs to be remade. I do believe in the term "if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. He RUINED Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Fucken creepy MJ shit right there LOL with Johnny Depp. Nothing will top his Edward Scissorhands and Beetlejuice I don't reckon.

He needs to stop casting Helena Bonham Carter in all his movies though. She's only where she is cause of her husband. Loved her in Fight Club but otherwise she annoys me.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:54 am

True, it has been remade a lot and I would like to see a completely original Tim Burton movie again, like Scissorhands. But at the same time, I feel most of the Alice movies aren't that great and don't do much justice. And Tim Burton, master of weird, is destined to make to make an Alice movie.

I think the girl for Alice isn't as pretty or whimsical looking as Alice could be. Helena bugs me a little, prob not as much as you, but she has an annoying side. And she does have an in with her director boyfriend but she said she went through auditioning like everyone else and Tim didn't have final say or anything (but who really knows). If she is a great Red Queen then I don't care how she got the part. She may not be the best and that would be disappointing. But she's kinda crazy in real life...we'll just have to wait for judgment day to know the truth lol.
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Well, it is about Alice coming back to Wonderland after growing up a bit, so it's not entirely a remake? Unless there's a movie like that out there that I'm forgetting about.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:27 pm

I kinda love how he casts Helena and Johnny in all of his movies. Smile

I thought Sweeney Todd was great, but as far as Time Burton is concerned, I love Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Big Fish, Edward Scissorhands and The Nightmare Before Christmas.

I'm not too stoked on this one, though. I'll see it because I like Tim Burton and Disney.
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 pm

Im actually looking forward to seeing it Smile 3D aswell, Johnny Depp looming out at me from the screen? yes please!! I'll be watching it a week wednesday hopefully Smile

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:08 pm

Karen wrote:Well, it is about Alice coming back to Wonderland after growing up a bit, so it's not entirely a remake? Unless there's a movie like that out there that I'm forgetting about.

LOL Remember "Return To Oz"? I love that movie.
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by cl-lola Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:57 pm

I love Tim Burtons style. I'm distantly related to him by the way guys! Found out a few months ago I was like OH MY GOD! He's from the states though so I don't quite know how that works out :S I'll ask my Mum x
cl-lola
cl-lola

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:46 am

Chrissy wrote:
Karen wrote:Well, it is about Alice coming back to Wonderland after growing up a bit, so it's not entirely a remake? Unless there's a movie like that out there that I'm forgetting about.

LOL Remember "Return To Oz"? I love that movie.

YESSSS. That movie creeped me out when I saw it in theatres. Then I come to find out a few days ago it was a Disney movie??
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:28 am

I've always enjoyed Tim Burton's work, so I'll definitely be seeing this film. Smile
Whitney
Whitney

https://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=566468044

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:11 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/movies/alice-in-wonderland-critic-says-mia-waiskowskas-lead-role-is-heroin-not-heroine/story-e6frf9h6-1225835602546 - She LOOKS bland as fuck cause she's ugly as I stated before. LOL.

Ew Rhi have you seen what he looks like in this movie? LOL. You sausage.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:56 pm

^LMAO at the Lesbian Vampire Killers sentence. Ohh, man. I wonder how Mat Horne will feel about that.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:52 pm

Haha Vi, yes I have seen what he looks like :s The eyes freak me out. But im sure by the end of the movie i'll have gotten used to it and think he looks nice again. I need help Sad

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:46 pm

He doesn't look ugly, just freaky. Its okay to like freaky Wink

wooow, that dude just slammed everything and everyone! My suspicions of Mia may come close to agreeing with him, we'll see. But I can't picture the others being as bad as he says, or the movie for that matter. Jonathan Ross LOVED it and said Hatter was his favorite Depp character ever. I've heard good things for the overall movie from other early viewers as well. Again there will be mixed reviews...everyone approaches movies with a different thought-process and eye.
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:53 am

The first Alice movie EVER! Made in 1903!

"The first-ever film version of Lewis Carroll's tale has recently been restored by the BFI National Archive from severely damaged materials. Made just 37 years after Lewis Carroll wrote his novel and eight years after the birth of cinema, the adaptation was directed by Cecil Hepworth and Percy Stow, and was based on Sir John Tenniel's original illustrations. In an act that was to echo more than 100 years later, Hepworth cast his wife as the Red Queen, and he himself appears as the Frog Footman. Even the Cheshire cat is played by a family pet.

With a running time of just 12 minutes (8 of which survive), Alice in Wonderland was the longest film produced in England at that time. Film archivists have been able to restore the film's original colours for the first time in over 100 years."

pretty cool and interesting
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:56 am

^That is amazing!!! I could spend all day watching silent films. Have you ever seen the original Wizard of Oz?
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:07 am

I've only seen the one with Judy Garland. Do you know if its somewhere on the internet?
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:51 am

Wow Sam, that's an amazing find!!

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 am

Yup!

Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:58 am

wow, that's pretty amazing as well! Those animal costumes are pretty funny lol But that is really cool, thanks for showing us.
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:47 pm

today is THE day! I'm seeing it at 7pm tonight.
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Cool, do let us know exactly what you make of it! Very Happy
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:33 pm

Brilliant!! Yes let us know!! I'm hopefully seeing it on Sunday now as i'm going to watch Case 39 on Wednesday instead. Did you watch it in 3D Sam?

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:22 am

Will do! Unfortunately, I will be seeing it regular. But Saturday morning I'm going again with my sister and that will be in 3D.

I personally loved it! I'm not disappointed at all (many of my friends said they were). A couple things I would change. Johnny's hatter is awesome. I liked Helena's Red Queen too. And Cheshire is so cool! Okay, I'm done.
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum