Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett Pass Away

+6
SmileAWhile
Donna.♥
rhi
Chrissy
Summer
Karen
10 posters

:: News

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett Pass Away - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett Pass Away

Post by Vi Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:44 pm

The paparazzi in the 80's/early 90's were nothing like it is today. Especially now with the internet and celebrity bloggers like Perez out there to rip on their every move. No one has it worse when it comes to the paps then Britney Spears. That is fact.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett Pass Away - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett Pass Away

Post by Summer Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:50 pm

Violet wrote:I'm referring to this Thriller days SmileAWhile. He was on top of the world then! Its when he starting bleaching his skin and getting all that surgery and fucking up his face people started thinking he was weird. It was believed he had the mind-span/IQ of a 12 year old anyway so he wasn't the brightest individual.

Sorry but i don't buy that "i had a rough childhood" excuse for anyone. Whether they'd be a bum on the street or even Michael Jackson. Theres no excuse to be able to harm others and get away with it because YOU had a rough up bringing. Why should someone else suffer because you did? Two wrongs do not make a right. It absolutely disgusts me when i read about some fucker getting 2 years in psych care because they blamed their father for beating them as a child as an excuse to butcher someone to death. Hey thats our justice system for ya (if you even wanna call it that...) but thats a discussion for another day.

People forget or don't realize he had the skin disorder vitiligo. He's said that in an interview before. So it must have been very upsetting for him.

There is no excuse for anybody with a troubled childhood to make someone else suffer. But I know it can be hard to get rid of the pain. I think that a lot of people and that includes Michael Jackson will harm themselves more than others. They are very confused and probably feel they are to blame for the abuse from they're parents.

Also, I've heard he was very intelligent.

Last edited by Summer on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:57 pm

When he was writing his songs he'd record them into a dictophone, which is pretty clever. A lot easier that way, to remember the timing and enounciation and melody.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:20 pm

It could be said that Michael had a mindset of a young boy at times but that doesn't say anything about his actual intelligence. I have no idea what his IQ was but he was pretty much a genius when it came to music and dance.

Yeah there is more a celebrity culture than the 80's and 90's but Michael got media attention/paparazzi treatment his whole life up until he died so he lived through the Internet age and it was only a few years ago that he had that Santa Barbara trial where eyes all over the world were well and truly on him. Also there are more people in the spotlight and considered 'celebrities' than a couple of decades ago with people these days getting their 15 seconds of fame. So back in those days, MJ was truly one of the most famous people in the world so an incredible amount of media attention, no matter how it was distributed, still focused on him. Britney does get it bad these days and again we can see how the media can bring people like her down.

Camm, I see what you're saying but I honestly believe you can't fully compare MJ's situation to people like his siblings. Yes, he was viewed as 'the most talented' therefore was under the most pressure and apparently a lot of abuse was directed towards him. People's situations are different and MJ was treated differently to others but we don't fully know what went on behind closed doors.

Soooo...to take a break from the intense discussion, let's remember the good times! Does anyone have a favourite song of his? I honestly can't choose but my top MJ songs at the moment are Billie Jean, Dirty Diana, They Don't Care About Us and Don't Stop Til You Get Enough Very Happy
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Beat It for me, Van Halen's solo is off the hook! (To use an 80's expression.)
Plus the film clip is awesome.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:57 pm

From E! Online:

The question of whether Michael Jackson had a valid will at the time of his death just got a little more complicated.

Yesterday, parents Joe and Katherine Jackson sought control of Michael's estate, claiming in court documents that the King of Pop died without a will. Hours later, one drafted in 2002 surfaced.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the document—which will no doubt be the centerpiece of a lengthy and ferocious legal battle in months to come—divides the superstar's estate among his mother, his three children (Prince Michael, Paris and Prince Michael II) and at least one charity.

It's unclear what custody arrangements, if any, Jackson made for his three children. But a court ruling yesterday gave temporary guardianship to Katherine.

At least one aspect of the will does appear to be clear: Joe Jackson wasn't named as an heir.

Best. News. Ever.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:28 pm

^Thanks Karona! I love that news! cheers I still wanna cry though.. Sad
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:43 pm

my fav MJ songs are black or white and heal the world...this is my fav renditions of them though (fast forward to 1.36 and 2.40)

Heather
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:52 pm

I love Heal The World. Mr G sounds amazing. I know it's supposed to be funny...but, oh my heart is gonna melt..
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett Pass Away - Page 3 Empty Re: MJ

Post by Serenity-helena Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:49 pm

I'm not judging MJ in the least. I honestly don't know enough about the guy's past to make any certain comments. I'm only going on what evidence I saw with my own eyes on the news years ago. I found the baby balcony episode a bit shocking, so I'm seeing it mostly from the baby's point of view. Had the kiddy actually dropped to it's death I doubt the fathers' fame and lifestyle 'sending him a bit crazy' would have had him exonerated. It wouldn't have mattered then what was going through his mind. Of course it wasn't a purposeful, pre-planned act, that was obvious when seeing it but as a mum with small children of my own then, I found it shocking. Still do. Not because it was something Michael had done in particular as I would have felt just as appalled if a regular Joe Blogs had done it. I think it's because he WAS so famous that it made the act worse.

Of course Michael wanted to keep his kids from the public eye, and of course it's up to the parents to dress their kids as desired, but the masks didn't keep their identities hidden for that long, not with sly paparrazi and loyalty issues. Besides, there's a lot you have to put up with. That comes with the price of fame for a lot of stars.

And even if it is proved that Michael is not the dad, it takes more than a bit DNA to be a proper father. He raised those kids, albeit different than most kiddies, but I've no doubt whatsoever that they were happy, protected, and most of all loved and wanted. There'll be more rot to come out of the woodwork yet.
Serenity-helena
Serenity-helena

http://www.myspace.com/serenity_helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:15 am

I posted this video on FB because I cannot get enough of it...

I remember my parents being so excited to see this performance. Still my very favorite MJ song, and I remember watching it on tv when I was 7 years old and being blown away by the moonwalk, like everyone else seeing it for the first time. SO AWESOME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VASYhabHkM

And just to contribute to the above conversation, I have to say, I am a FIRM believer in everyone getting a fair say. And I mean us, as individuals on the forum.

I respect each and every opinion you all have, and I think it's so great that we all have that mutual respect for each other.

Michael Jackson was an enormous figure in my childhood and early teen years. I don't remember a time when I didn't know who he was. I feel like a part of my childhood is gone, like I've lost a bit of the innocence I still had left. The 7 year old me, sitting on the floor with my family watching him dance. And it was a big deal! I guess I'm more nostalgic than anything else.
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:04 am

I think he's more famous now than he was when he was alive. 36 of the top 100 songs on iTunes are his and 6 are his out of the top 10. Maybe he's not more famous now than when he was at his prime, but certainly a lot more than he was a few years before his death. I think there are so many rumours, I've heard the strangest things about him printed in newspapers. What are the odds that they're all true? They're not ever going to be able to be proven anyway. I think we should all focus on the good things about him.

Sure he might have had lots of plastic surgery, but I think he was beautiful inside and out. My favourite songs of his were 'They Don't Care About Us' and 'You Are Not Alone'.

I think even if he wasn't academically intelligent, he was DEFINITELY literally a musical genius.

P.s. I watched the DVD and I have to admit I cried most of the way. Not because it was sad, just because it was sooo overwhelming to see how famous he was. The DVD is called 'Live in Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour'. He starts off by standing there for like five minutes and the audience goes crazy from screaming, and he hasn't even done anything! At the end he straps himself to a jet pack and literally flies off the stage. It's absolute brilliance and no less than genius. I adore the man.
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:28 pm

Heather wrote:my fav MJ songs are black or white and heal the world...this is my fav renditions of them though (fast forward to 1.36 and 2.40)

That was amazing i love what hes wearing, im going to have to get me an outfit like that thanks for that! xx

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:20 pm

^haha aye he looks sexy in them boots Laughing

i love that little moving MJ on yer sig chrissy...mind if i borrow?
Heather
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Chrissy wrote:I posted this video on FB because I cannot get enough of it...

I remember my parents being so excited to see this performance. Still my very favorite MJ song, and I remember watching it on tv when I was 7 years old and being blown away by the moonwalk, like everyone else seeing it for the first time. SO AWESOME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VASYhabHkM

And just to contribute to the above conversation, I have to say, I am a FIRM believer in everyone getting a fair say. And I mean us, as individuals on the forum.

I respect each and every opinion you all have, and I think it's so great that we all have that mutual respect for each other.

Michael Jackson was an enormous figure in my childhood and early teen years. I don't remember a time when I didn't know who he was. I feel like a part of my childhood is gone, like I've lost a bit of the innocence I still had left. The 7 year old me, sitting on the floor with my family watching him dance. And it was a big deal! I guess I'm more nostalgic than anything else.

Well said Chrissy. It's interesting acknowledging and respecting everyone else's views on here.

There are so many rumours circulating about MJ's funeral arrangements, his will, the child custody battle etc. I guess this is what happens when very limited information is released.

It's not really a huge deal for me but as a some of you might know, my friends and I bought tickets to his 'This Is It' O2 arena show and I know we're definitely gonna get our money back but now there's talk about an option of getting the actual printed ticket in place of a refund. I've seen on the news what they look like, they're pretty cool with hologram effects and Michael Jackson apparently helped to design them which is all good but paying the full price of the ticket, £84, is excessive for what is essentially is a piece of card lol. Full details haven't been released yet so I guess I'll wait and see how this works out. Looks like I'll be opting for the refund at the moment though!

As I'm sure you guys would have seen, they published photos of his last rehearsals hours before he passed away (here). It'll be interesting to watch the footage which they apparently have as well.

On the subject of Farrah Fawcett, I heard her funeral took place in LA recently. May she rest in peace.
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:46 pm

aww that show looks like it wouldve been AWE-SOME!....dammit, baaaaad timing
Heather
Heather

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett Pass Away - Page 3 Empty Re: Michael and Farrah

Post by Serenity-helena Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:07 pm

Farrah was the only woman in the world who could carry those hair-flicks to perfection. She will be missed.

I remember her in a film called The Burning Bed made in the 80's about a woman who killed her abusive husband and how the justice system was quite a let-down.The story was so poignant to my own personal circumstances at the time because my first husband was a brute. In those days, even as recent as they were, wife-beating was often classed as a 'domestic' by the police and outside help was rare. This just made the victims even more isolated. The film covered the hush hush objectives and Farrah played the role exquisitely.
Serenity-helena
Serenity-helena

http://www.myspace.com/serenity_helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:18 pm

I know Farrah was a great actress, I've seen her acting brilliantly in some films too. Aww. Sad

The reason Michael Jackson means so much to me, is because when I was younger I was very unhappy and hated my life, so I would get lost in the world of Michael Jackson. If it was up to me I would've have played and danced to his music and listened to his beautiful voice all day every day. I didn't know much about him, because he was so private, but the thing that shone through all of his music was how much of a caring person he was and that was enough to make me feel safe. I miss him and I did care so much about him and now he has gone. Sad

Donna.S2 wrote:P.s. I watched the DVD and I have to admit I cried most of the way. Not because it was sad, just because it was sooo overwhelming to see how famous he was. The DVD is called 'Live in Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour'. He starts off by standing there for like five minutes and the audience goes crazy from screaming, and he hasn't even done anything! At the end he straps himself to a jet pack and literally flies off the stage. It's absolute brilliance and no less than genius. I adore the man.

I've got another version of that concert on video tape, that the BBC showed the day after it was filmed. I personally think it's a better version than the DVD, but unfortunately I don't think it has been repeated since.

Here are two of the many performances which capture the magic of Michael Jackson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjywI7nc_PQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mU8QoZMVOU&feature=channel_page

Last edited by Summer on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:05 am

Heather wrote:^haha aye he looks sexy in them boots Laughing

i love that little moving MJ on yer sig chrissy...mind if i borrow?

Please do! I love it too! I found it randomly, I think I typed "MJ dancing icons" in google or something hahaha
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:12 pm

Summer wrote:I know Farrah was a great actress, I've seen her acting brilliantly in some films too. Aww. Sad

The reason Michael Jackson means so much to me, is because when I was younger I was very unhappy and hated my life, so I would get lost in the world of Michael Jackson. If it was up to me I would've have played and danced to his music and listened to his beautiful voice all day every day. I didn't know much about him, because he was so private, but the thing that shone through all of his music was how much of a caring person he was and that was enough to make me feel safe. I miss him and I did care so much about him and now he has gone. Sad

Donna.S2 wrote:P.s. I watched the DVD and I have to admit I cried most of the way. Not because it was sad, just because it was sooo overwhelming to see how famous he was. The DVD is called 'Live in Bucharest: The Dangerous Tour'. He starts off by standing there for like five minutes and the audience goes crazy from screaming, and he hasn't even done anything! At the end he straps himself to a jet pack and literally flies off the stage. It's absolute brilliance and no less than genius. I adore the man.

I've got another version of that concert on video tape, that the BBC showed the day after it was filmed. I personally think it's a better version than the DVD, but unfortunately I don't think it has been repeated since.

Here are two of the many performances which capture the magic of Michael Jackson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjywI7nc_PQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mU8QoZMVOU&feature=channel_page

Those youtube clips were amaaazing. The Dance Break just left me speechless. This would have to be my favourite video clip he's done, just so emotional, inspiring, beautiful, intense, I just love it. He just got it so right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqeADZgjtpY

And this is a clip from the DVD I was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnMqkZmuEC0

I can't get enough!! Very Happy
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:31 pm

dont stop til you get enough!
Heather
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:07 pm

Heather wrote:dont stop til you get enough!

Don't worry I won't!!! Haha.
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:58 am

Donna.S2 wrote:
Those youtube clips were amaaazing. The Dance Break just left me speechless. This would have to be my favourite video clip he's done, just so emotional, inspiring, beautiful, intense, I just love it. He just got it so right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqeADZgjtpY

And this is a clip from the DVD I was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnMqkZmuEC0

I can't get enough!! Very Happy

From that concert I loved the opening Jam, Billie Jean, Heal The World, Will You Be There and Man In The Mirror. I love it all! I love you but they stand out. His whole self was just fulled with music, song and dance. It's amazing!!!

The Earth Song is so powerful, the fact it's actually filmed on real locations with real people, gives it more effect. I think.
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:57 am

Its really starting to piss me off how people who never liked him or listened to his music before all of a sudden are loving him. Thats disgusting. He actually had to die before you decided to explore his music and other music in general? Laziness and selfishness in its finest. I said this the other day at work and most agreed with me so i'm glad i'm not the only one with a bit of sense of morality.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:02 pm

It's like when Steve Irwin died. A lot of Australian's thought he was an embarrassment, then he dies and it's "oh, he was a hero" and "oh, let's exploit Bindi"... oh wait, that was her Mum.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next