Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson

+6
Karen
rhi
Chrissy
Summer
Heather
Donna.♥
10 posters

:: Pop

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Michael Jackson Empty Michael Jackson

Post by Donna.♥ Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:30 pm

OK seeing as MJ in the News thread is a bit of a hot topic at the moment, I thought I'd make a proper thread about MJ where we can celebrate his life and music in a positive light (seeing as the News thread is about his death). Of course all opinions are welcome, good or bad, but let's just keep this place a positive one where we can share our favourite MJ videos, moments and songs without any disrespect or general fighting/arguments.

Enjoy!!
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Empty Re: Michael Jackson

Post by Donna.♥ Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:34 pm

I'll kick start Very Happy

I found this video, in particular:

It shows a side of Michael that is really special, I think. It shows his human side and just how amazing he was. It really makes me smile Smile And in the light of the recent news about him, I think it's really important that we remember this side of him.
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:01 am

awwwww thats my new favourite video!!! hes adorable....i like the bit where he goes "i love to tour" lol!
Heather
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:44 am

Aww... Looks like he had great fun there! I've got to love the bit where he doesn't want to step on the bug. "Don't kill it!" I love you

Thanks for making this MJ thread Donna. Smile
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:12 pm

I've just watched the Michael Jackson memorial, it was a beautiful tribute. I'm in AWE. The impact he made on many different people around the world is mind blowing. He's in the Guiness book of records for supporting the most charity's Shocked . I don't think I knew that! WOW!! Very Happy

His daughter Paris said "Ever since I was born, my daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine". I love you Oh that made me so happy! but I still cried.

"I want you to know - there was nothing strange about your daddy, it was strange what your daddy had to deal with" - Rev. Al Sharpton to MJ's children.

Last edited by Summer on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:30 am

aww i watched the memorial....i was pure bawling my eyes out.....ive never seen his kids before, the littlest one Blanket is the cutest wee kid ive ever seen!!

that boy from britains got talent mustve hit the roof when he got called by michael himself.....just ashame he never got to perform
Heather
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:07 am

^I was at work today so I've just watched it now...

I can't stop crying. Stevie Wonder is the one who sent me over the edge, though.

I thought what he said was beautiful, and I cannot believe he sang "I Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer".

What a beautiful tribute. Paris nearly killed me, though. Sad
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:47 am

The memorial here started at 3am. Before that (from around 11.45) there were documentaries about his life (all negative ones mind u grrrr Mad ). I was REALLY tired so I only made it awake till 5am, but they will repeat it here tonight anyway, so I'll watch it again.

It was so beautful. I didn't get to see Paris' speech but I'm sure it would have killed me too Sad

My favourite quote was the one you pointed out Summer, "There was nothing strange about your daddy, it was strange what your daddy had to deal with". Struck me like gold.

Apparantly this was the biggest funeral procession in history. Like they said in the funeral, Michael really was the greatest entertainer of all time. I think it's going to be one of those "where were you when..." moments in the future.
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Heather Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:27 am

yeah when paris spoke that was when it totally hit me.....also jermaine singing that charlie chaplin song Crying or Very sad
Heather
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:45 am

I downloaded that Charlie Chaplin song. It's called 'Smile' by Nat King Cole. It's really nice Smile

Mariah Carey was also stunning as always Smile
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:09 am

I think Nat King Cole sings 'Smile' so beautiful. Smile I know some of his songs because my dad liked his misic. I also fairly recently watched a documentary about him. He - like MJ, did a lot to bring different races together. The media was very mean to him for that and some people wouldn't watch his tv shows. People said that he never showed that all the controversy bothered him, but they knew it really hurt him deep down. Sad

Nat King Cole is another one that died too young. I'm not going to say all the best people die young - because I know too well that is NOT TRUE. But all the people that bring good into the world get destroyed, they seem to be taken advantage of too easily.
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:13 am

Summer wrote:I think Nat King Cole sings 'Smile' so beautiful. Smile I know some of his songs because my dad liked his misic. I also fairly recently watched a documentary about him. He - like MJ, did a lot to bring different races together. The media was very mean to him for that and some people wouldn't watch his tv shows. People said that he never showed that all the controversy bothered him, but they knew it really hurt him deep down. Sad

Nat King Cole is another one that died too young. I'm not going to say all the best people die young - because I know too well that is NOT TRUE. But all the people that bring good into the world get destroyed, they seem to be taken advantage of too easily.

I watched a film/documentary type thing on Ritchie Valens the other day, not really knowing much about him, but i was enthralled from start to finish. For anyone who doesnt know his music, his most popular song would be La Bamba, and he was the one who died with Buddy Holly and 'The Big Bopper'. He (Ritchie) was only 17 when he died. And i know what you mean when you say its not true that ALL the best people die young, but i found it so tragic as he was so young and so talented. *sigh*.

Going back to the Michael Jackson memorial, i never really knew much about Smokey Robinson, but he was so cool Smile he just seemed like he would be an awesome guy to get to know. It was a really good memorial. I wasnt actually planning on watching it, but im so glad i did Smile

xx

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Summer wrote:I think Nat King Cole sings 'Smile' so beautiful. Smile I know some of his songs because my dad liked his misic. I also fairly recently watched a documentary about him. He - like MJ, did a lot to bring different races together. The media was very mean to him for that and some people wouldn't watch his tv shows. People said that he never showed that all the controversy bothered him, but they knew it really hurt him deep down. Sad

Maybe 'Smile' was MJ's favourite song because he could relate to Nat King Cole then? That would make sense. I also downloaded MJ's version of Smile, it's very nice Smile
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:40 pm

rhistarr wrote:I watched a film/documentary type thing on Ritchie Valens the other day, not really knowing much about him, but i was enthralled from start to finish. For anyone who doesnt know his music, his most popular song would be La Bamba, and he was the one who died with Buddy Holly and 'The Big Bopper'. He (Ritchie) was only 17 when he died. And i know what you mean when you say its not true that ALL the best people die young, but i found it so tragic as he was so young and so talented. *sigh*.

Watch the movie La Bamba if you haven't. I was obsessed with it as a kid.

I think it's the lyrics to Smile that are easy to relate to more than anything. My favorite rendition is Judy Garland's. It always makes me cry when I listen to her sing it.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:45 pm

I found a lovely video on youtube to 'Smile' by Michael Jackson:

Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:43 am

^ SO sweet Smile Love it. Thanks for posting! I couldn't help but Smile too!
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:04 am

I'm so pleased you like it Donna. Smile I thought it was a beautiful tribute. I think whoever made the video did very caring and thoughtful work.
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Karona wrote:
rhistarr wrote:I watched a film/documentary type thing on Ritchie Valens the other day, not really knowing much about him, but i was enthralled from start to finish. For anyone who doesnt know his music, his most popular song would be La Bamba, and he was the one who died with Buddy Holly and 'The Big Bopper'. He (Ritchie) was only 17 when he died. And i know what you mean when you say its not true that ALL the best people die young, but i found it so tragic as he was so young and so talented. *sigh*.

Watch the movie La Bamba if you haven't. I was obsessed with it as a kid.

I think it's the lyrics to Smile that are easy to relate to more than anything. My favorite rendition is Judy Garland's. It always makes me cry when I listen to her sing it.

Ahhh yes that was the name of the film i watched Razz couldnt remember, thanks!!

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:05 pm

This is my favourite scene from his movie 'Moonwalker'. Absolute brilliance. I think it's one of his best dance routines, I'm just wondering how many takes they must have done of this to get it perfect!

Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:14 pm

I'm always in awe watching MJ's dance routines in his videos. That Smooth Criminal video is definitely no exception! I watched Moonwalker last week as it was being repeated on TV. It had been so long since I had last seen it and it just reinforced his talents Smile

And about the memorial, it was so emotional but a very good celebration of his life. The performances and speeches were brilliant. 'Smile' is a great song and Jermaine did well singing it at the memorial. I missed the first 45 minutes of it cos of work but I think my mum recorded it so I'll have to watch that part at some point.
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:27 pm

I heard that they were going to release the memorial on DVD? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I think I'm going to have to watch Moonwalker again tonight! I can't get enough of it Very Happy
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Summer Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:55 am

I hope they do release the Memorial on DVD, although I don't know if I could sit through it again, because it was very sad. I'm sure I will one day. I recorded it anyway. I also heard they may release a DVD about his preparations for his latest tour.

I remember watching the Smooth Criminal performance from Moonwalker alot when I was younger, haha. It's brilliant. Smile
Summer
Summer

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:39 am

Yeah they might as well put the memorial on DVD as well as the unseen tour rehearsal footage.

Today MJ fans gathered outside the London O2 arena to pay tribute to MJ since tonight would have been his first night performing at the O2. I stopped by to see what was happening after work just for a short time. Everyone seemed in really high spirits singing along to his songs etc which was good to see apart from one girl I saw when I was leaving bawling her eyes out Sad
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Empty re:MJ

Post by Serenity-helena Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:20 am

Although I wasn't really a fan, I can remember all the hype about 'Thriller's' first British showing. If I can remember rightly an 80's show called The Tube was airing the video at around 1am. Not wanting to miss this I stayed up to see it. I remember Michael's eyes turned yellow and his voice changed and that was it - I shit myself and turned the telly off. In those days I was a complete woose when it came to horror films and such like. Then I was too scared to take the dog out as he'd been scratching at the door and instead let him piddle the kitchen floor! I had to wait for my sister (who laughed at me!) to come round with the video the following day before I saw it.

I must admit I thought the choreography was amazing and to this day if it's ever on telly I'm taken right back to that night. affraid
Serenity-helena
Serenity-helena

http://www.myspace.com/serenity_helena

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Aww that's nice Smile I don't have any of those kinds of memories... I wish I did. I remember the first time I saw it I was kinda freaked out by that part too! Even all these years later it still managed to freak people out!

Check out this tribute in Stockholm:

Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next