Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Hey is coming back!

4 posters

Go down

Hey Hey is coming back! Empty Hey Hey is coming back!

Post by Camm Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:18 pm

Taken from news.com.au

Daryl Somers to host new Hey Hey It's Saturday

DARREN DEVLYN

July 24, 2009 08:50pm

HEY HEY It's Saturday is back - 10 years after it disappeared from our screens.

Channel Nine has commissioned two live reunion specials of the legendary variety show.

Host Daryl Somers and Nine yesterday agreed to a deal for the two specials, promising a blend of new material and nostalgia.

TELL US: Would you watch the new Hey, Hey It's Saturday?

If the shows rate well when they screen this year, Nine and Somers will negotiate the return of a regular Hey Hey format.

Somers will invite Ernie Carroll to return to the show to reprise beloved character Ossie Ostrich, but is not sure whether it will happen.

The Hey Hey gang recently celebrated Carroll's 80th birthday.

Somers is also hoping regulars including Red Symons, Wilbur Wilde, John Blackman, cartoonist Andrew Fyfe, Livinia Nixon and Jackie MacDonald will be part of the shows.

This show was an instituion in Australia for 30+ years, every Saturday night families would sit and watch it almost religiously.
I hope I'm not the only person here who's excited.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Hey Hey is coming back! Empty Re: Hey Hey is coming back!

Post by Donna.♥ Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:21 pm

I'll watch it!

If I ever watched it before, I don't remember it at all so it'd be good to see what all this fuss is about... but I think I remember watching it as a kid. All I remember is one of those big gong things you hit and it makes that loud sound..
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Yes! That was in the Red Faces segment, which was like a talent-search but the judge, Red Symons, would just hang a heap of shit on the contestants.
There was also Plucka Duck, which was a guy dressed in a duck costume and held competitions.
They've tried to do other shows similar to it but they haven't taken off.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:26 pm

Oh my goodness I think I remember plucka duck! It's times like these my age shows...
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Dickie Knee?

I watched when i was MUCH younger with my parents. Though i didn't understand most of it, from what i remember i loved it.

I hope it does well and is actually produced well, because alot of comebacks aren't exactly as good as they used to be.

But no i was a proud member of that Facebook group. Wink
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:59 pm

How could I forget Dickie Knee? It wasn't until about 6 months ago I got the joke of his name, I was more amused that his name was Dickie.
"Mr. S, Mr.S!"
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:39 pm

I remember plucka duck Smile i cant remember much from it, but random little bits Razz and the footie show. Thats all i really remember tv wise.

xx

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down