Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fave Cover Songs.

+4
Donna.♥
Sarah
rhi
Vi
8 posters

:: Other

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fave Cover Songs. Empty Fave Cover Songs.

Post by Vi Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:25 pm

What are songs that bands/artists have covered that you like?

Dudes this was playing at the gym tonight. Haven't heard it since i was like 12. Its better then the MJ version. More upbeat for my liking. AAF made it their own. =)

Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fave Cover Songs. Empty Re: Fave Cover Songs.

Post by rhi Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:05 pm

I do think that version is really good, when it came out i thought it was better than the MJ version, but i think thats just coz it was the first time i heard it so i was like WOW. but yea i think theyre probably just as good as each other - just different.

I love FOB's Beat It. I do prefer MJ's, but i love listening to FOB's too Smile

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:31 pm

^Love that too. Each band took the song and made it their own. Which is cool. I just prefer AAF version because it is more upbeat. Apart from Madonna i don't like that 80's pop music sound at all..it just annoys me. Thats why i prefer the rock versions. I'm not saying MJ's versions were bad...they're classics, but just not my kind of music, never has been.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:57 pm

Ohh there are some great covers out there. Jeff Buckley's cover of 'Hallelujah' is one of my favourites. Speaking of Jeff Buckley I heard someone doing an acoustic version of his Mojo Pin at work the other night which was really nice. But one of the best covers I've ever heard is HIM's version of 'Dont Fear The Reaper', plus their acoustic version of it. Love it!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7GaPl2Q7Vk
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:08 pm

^Jeff Buckley is my all time favourite singer. Grace is going to be one of my daughter's middle names, from after his song of course. Smile

Hurt By Johnny Cash. Original by NIN.

This is just one of the most haunting songs you can ever hear. Even Trent said he owned that song.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:29 pm

I love that song!

Ohhh there's this American band called The Dan Band, they do awesome covers!!!! If anyone has seen 'Old School' and laughed at the bit where the wedding band is playing 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' and the singer starts swearing through it, thats them! The lead singer loves 'girly' type of music (his words) and they do covers of Alanis Morrisette, Abba, Christina Aguilera, etc. Their covers are so awesome though they make you want to jump up and start dancing! They rock!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGmlptTcBIg - I cant imbed for some reason. Anyway, EVERY time I watch this I laugh!!
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:38 pm

This is their 'Genie in a Bottle/No Scrubs/Slave' medley. Just try listening and not dancing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KYvpskat0I
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:48 pm

LOL.

Johnny Cash song still owns. Thats my funeral song. Hands down the most emotional song ever.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:42 am

I love Fall Out Boy's Beat It. It's great, I'm downloading it now. The Johnny Cash song is really emotional although I don't think I've heard the original. Here are my fave covers, though I have a lot:

Christina Aguilera - At Last

MAN THIS GIRL CAN SIING. She does a 16 second note here... just wow.

Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love

Hinder - Bed of Roses

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. His voice is like rough sandpaper being scraped on gravel. haha. It's very sexy. He does this song justice. Even if you just listen to the first few seconds, you'll get what I mean.

Anthony Callea - The Prayer

My fave song of all time. 'Nuff said.

Mariah Carey - Oh Holy Night

She's just amazing.

----
There are heaps more but I'll just leave it at that for now.
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:02 am

Marilyn Manson: Personal Jesus
Whitney
Whitney

https://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=566468044

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:48 pm

I love Personal Jesus. Who sang the original again? Johnny Cash I think. Both versions are great, but I have a soft spot for Manson. Don't know why.
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:34 pm

Donna.♥ wrote:I love Personal Jesus. Who sang the original again? Johnny Cash I think. Both versions are great, but I have a soft spot for Manson. Don't know why.

Depeche Mode sang the original. Johnny Cash's cover is really good, as is Marilyn Manson's. I prefer the original, but will happily listen to the covers.
As for my favourite covers I really enjoy Guns N Roses covers of Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney & Wings), Knocking on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan) and Sympathy for the Devil (The Rolling Stones).

Last edited by Camm on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:29 am

rhistarr wrote:
I love FOB's Beat It. I do prefer MJ's, but i love listening to FOB's too Smile

I don't mind the FOB version, but John Mayer is no Eddie Van Halen.

Sharon wrote:Ohh there are some great covers out there. Jeff Buckley's cover of 'Hallelujah' is one of my favourites. Speaking of Jeff Buckley I heard someone doing an acoustic version of his Mojo Pin at work the other night which was really nice. But one of the best covers I've ever heard is HIM's version of 'Dont Fear The Reaper', plus their acoustic version of it. Love it!!!!!!!!!!

They also do sweet covers of Chris Isaak's Wicked Game and Billy Idol's Rebel Yell.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:08 am

^ Yeah, the Depeche Mode version is great as well. I love Depeche Mode.

Donna.♥ wrote:I love Personal Jesus. Who sang the original again? Johnny Cash I think. Both versions are great, but I have a soft spot for Manson. Don't know why.

I can relate. His covers are always satisfying, I really enjoy them. I met him a few months ago actually, he's very generous.

I love this this Gary Jules adaptation of Tears For Fears's "Mad World":

Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:50 pm

I LOVE that Mad World song Whitney! Its so sad, and SO different to the Tears For Fears version! I know it was made famous from Donnie Darko but I first heard it when I lived in QLD and it was used in an ad for the QLD Police and it was so sad. But now its being used (just the piano in it anyway) in ads over here for 'Captain Snooze' (a bed company) and a sad and haunting kind of song like that seems so out of place in an ad for beds.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:59 pm

Mike Patton's (of Faith No More) version of Portishead's 'Glory Box' is pretty awesome. And Mike Patton singing Burt Bacharach's 'This Guys In Love With You' was my favourite song when I was 15. And I really like Korn's version of the Psychadellic Fur's 'Love My Way'. My friend told me that Live did quite a brilliant cover of Love My Way but I've never been able to find it. Its such a fantastic song though, any version of it would be good. Ohh and Korn's version of Radiohead's Creep is awesome too, they make it a quiet and piano-y kind of version. Love it!
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Donna.♥ Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Whitney wrote:^ Yeah, the Depeche Mode version is great as well. I love Depeche Mode.

I can relate. His covers are always satisfying, I really enjoy them. I met him a few months ago actually, he's very generous.

I love this this Gary Jules adaptation of Tears For Fears's "Mad World":

I envy you. Haha. I hate how he's so misunderstood. He's so intelligent and wise I reckon.
Donna.♥
Donna.♥

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:21 am

^ He is very wise, and definitely misunderstood. The most common, ignorant thing to assume is that he is a satanist. He may be very morbid, but a satanist? he has stated he is not.

Sharon wrote:I LOVE that Mad World song Whitney! Its so sad, and SO different to the Tears For Fears version! I know it was made famous from Donnie Darko but I first heard it when I lived in QLD and it was used in an ad for the QLD Police and it was so sad. But now its being used (just the piano in it anyway) in ads over here for 'Captain Snooze' (a bed company) and a sad and haunting kind of song like that seems so out of place in an ad for beds.

I was exposed to Gary's adaptation through "Donnie Darko". Agreed on it being a very haunting melody. I absolutely love it.
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:50 am

I think the irony of the Tears for Fears version of Mad World is lost in the Gary Jules version, as it's an upbeat disco song with those lyrics. I don't mind the Gary Jules version, but I think it's been over played and a lot of people I know think it's the original which shits me.
And about Manson, people just need to realise that he's a showman and puts on a persona on stage and in his music, but like Alice Cooper before, his a really nice guy who likes theatrics.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Yes, Manson does love his threatics. He was dating Dita Von Teese for quite sometime there. She's absolutely gorgeous.
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Adam Lambert's "Feeling Good"

Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Adam Lambert.......LOL there was such uproar about him necking that guy on stage Razz oh well, the public sure did have a good laugh when he rolled across the stage Razz

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:54 pm

I agree he needs to established himself before doing such antics but I don't really see the big deal.
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:46 pm

His theater training sure kicked in when it came to that fall. He played it off quite well, haha. The sexual content in his AMA performance didn't bother me. I was mostly focused on the vocals. It was pitchy in certain areas, while in others he was flat. He's an amazing vocalist, and I know what he's capable of so I'm not too bothered in regards to it. Every performer has one of "those" vocal performances.
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:35 pm

^Hhahahaha the trip and roll was hilarious!!!

I love Adam, I think he's great.
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next