Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fave Cover Songs.

+4
Donna.♥
Sarah
rhi
Vi
8 posters

:: Other

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fave Cover Songs. - Page 2 Empty Re: Fave Cover Songs.

Post by Whitney Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:27 am

^ Oh my goodness...I know, Chrissy. I'm laughing out loud right now just thinking about it! hahahaha. Poor thing. Massive kudos for pulling it off....but yes, hilarious.
Whitney
Whitney

https://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=566468044

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:51 am

There was an album out in 2001 called The Andrew Denton Breakfast Show Musical Challenge, and then a second volume in 2003. Andrew Denton is a comedian and big tv personality here (his wife narrated WCBH) but his radio breakfast show on Triple M with Amanda Keller back in the day was absolutely hilarious, I used to listen every morning. Anyway they got all of these bands to play songs that were quite the opposite to their sound, was absolutely hilarious! Like Jimmy Barnes doing Dancing Queen, Screaming Jets doing My Heart Will Go On and Scandal'us doing Smells Like Teen Spirit *shudders*. Willie Nelson did Smells Like Teen Spirit on the second one too! The Cruel Sea doing "Loving You" was my favourite, he has such a deep voice he had to whistle or scream to hit the super high notes! The ending was hilarious, "Loving you is easy cos you're beautiful, do do-do do do doo, AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!" LOL! Alex Lloyd also did a brilliant cover of U2's Mysterious Ways. Sigh, I miss those albums, I need to track them down and listen to them again!
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:44 pm

I like Eddie Vedder doingRadioheads "Creep" I also went to their concert last year and he and Ben Harper did a cover of David Bowie "Under pressure". Pearl Jam aslo did a cover of Holy Grail.

Bu I went to Soundwave and You and Me At 6, and Face No More Did covers of pokerfacegee it made me laugh and I went to Michael Buble in Sydney and he did a cover of a Maroon5 song "This Love" it sounded funky as.
DJ
DJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:13 am

I loooved the little cover of the Chariots of Fire song that Faith No More played at soundwave, while Mike beat boxed over the top of it and then they broke out into Stripsearch. Amazing.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:05 pm

Currently my favourite cover is:
"The Smith- Across the Universe (Beatles cover)"
and also "The Fray- Heartless (Kayne West cover"

great acoustic songs.
DJ
DJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2