Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what was the last movie you watched

+24
cl-lola
Sam
Cezzie
Whitney
Sarah!
Serenity-helena
rhi
Heather
cheesybeans
Summer
Karen
Chrissy
SarahJayne
Mark
tornmuscle
Piper
Camm
SmileAWhile
Mr. G Rules
Donna.♥
sugarpuff
Vi
Hamishmash
samskudraven
28 posters

Page 14 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

what was the last movie you watched - Page 14 Empty Re: what was the last movie you watched

Post by Sarah Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:19 pm

I watched it last night! Brilliant, and my heart was thumping more then it has in a movie in a long time! Go and see it everyone!
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

what was the last movie you watched - Page 14 Empty Re: what was the last movie you watched

Post by Chrissy Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Yes, i'm excited to go see this too... Did anyone read the book? I'm a big fan of the book, and I heard the movie really doesn't do it justice, but I'd watch Mark Wahlberg do anything for 2 hours.
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Oh hell yes! I have such a massive crush on Mark Wahlberg, I love love love his soft voice! Sigh...
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:39 pm

I loooovvee Stanley Tucci and need to make an effort to see The Lovely Bones since he is sure to get an Oscar nod. Have you guys heard about how people are outraged over the fact Peter Jackson didn't show the murder scene? I honestly don't get how people can be upset about it NOT being shown.
Karen
Karen

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Karen wrote:I loooovvee Stanley Tucci and need to make an effort to see The Lovely Bones since he is sure to get an Oscar nod. Have you guys heard about how people are outraged over the fact Peter Jackson didn't show the murder scene? I honestly don't get how people can be upset about it NOT being shown.

My roommate and I were just talking about this. I had the hardest time getting through the first chapter of that book, it literally made me squirm. BUT, I think it set up the rest of the story for me, knowing how brutal her death was. I felt like it was an important part of the story.

I totally get why people are upset about not including it, but at the same time, it was so hard for me to read, I don't want to to see it either.
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:17 pm

DONT READ THIS ANYONE WHO DOESNT WANT SPOILERS: As someone who hasn't read the book, I was glad not to see it, some things left to the imagination are disturbing an enough. The whole situation was so incredibly awful, so I was quite relieved not to have seen it. I also didn't know if it was entirely necessary to see his bones breaking in graphic detail as he went down the cliff. Just knowing that he died would have been satisfying enough for me. But then again I do get quite squeamish, others may have enjoyed that sort of thing. My grandma couldnt get past the fact that his glasses were still intact when he got to the bottom of the cliff lol...
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Oh, now I have to see it. He doesn't die that way in the book.
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:23 am

How does he die in the book?
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:48 am

Well, who needs to read the book when you've got two lovely ladies explaining it all? haha. My fault, clearly. I read ahead. Crying or Very sad
Whitney
Whitney

https://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=566468044

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:01 am

I did warn you! Lol... I dont think him dying is necessarily a huge part of the story though. He just got what he deserved, thats all.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:05 am

Yes, I know..but my eyes were quite stubborn and decided to disregard your warning. Haha. All is well, I figured the antagonist would die anyway.
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:15 am

I'm the same, I wont want to know the ending but I'll read ahead anyway, I'm so terrible reading books, I always skip a few chapters ahead and have a sneak peak, and then regret it every time! Sorry I shouldn't have written anything lol... still, its not a huge part though. I remember when The Village first came out, and I heard some guys in the library at uni talking about the ending, and then when we went and saw it and my friends were completely surprised by the ending I was sooo disappointed that I already knew!
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:20 am

I still plan on seeing the film though, I'm genuinely enthused! Like I stated previously, I predicted the antagonist's death. Discuss away, I don't mind--I'm actually even more intrigued in regards to the plot line. It's always different when you see if for yourself in the cinema.
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:40 am

Yes, thats true. It was different to what I had expected from seeing the ads too, everyone always gets somethng different out of it. I really did like it, and anything with Mark Wahlberg in it is worth the watch Wink When watching the previews it was a bit disappointing though, there's nothing really coming out anytime soon that I want to see! The previews are normally the best bit! The one about Nelson Mandella did look alright though, with Matt Damon and Morgan Freeman.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:44 am

EEEKS!!! Sorry, Whitney!!!!! Embarassed

His death in the book is maddening. He literally gets hit with an icicle.
It was so anti-climactic.
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:51 am

Hmmm I could tell you something about that but I wont write in anymore spoilers Wink
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:55 am

Sarah, you silly woman. I don't mind! haha. Discuss away.

Eh, an icicle? Agreed, not climactic enough. Death by cliff sounds far more interesting.
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:00 am

Ok hehe, (ANOTHER SPOILER AHEAD): Well the icicle was still there! I thought for a moment that it was how he was going to die, but Peter Jackson obviously decided that the icicle wasn't brutal enough, so after being hit by the icicle he plunged to a violent death. And it was quite gross, but my grandma was just sitting their saying "Wow, I cant believe his glasses stayed on and survived that!" Lol bless her.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:56 am

It's Stanley Tucci, what can't his glasses do? Cool
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:54 pm

When I first saw the preview, I had no idea that was Stanley Tucci! He's another one of my New York celebs... I used to see him walking around the Upper West Side all the time. LOL
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:07 pm

I didn't even realise it was him until I got home and IMDB'd it! Thats how good he was! (plus the make up). All I knew was that the voice sounded familiar!
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:54 pm

I haven't been to the movies in so long. I really need to get out -- or find friends who actually want to hang out with me. :/
Vi
Vi
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:03 am

I've actually seen him out here in Hollywood as well, at Hollywood & Highland. I didn't approach him though, he was on his cellphone. Exactly, he's disguised very well in the film! (judging by the trailer.)

Vi, if I resided in Australia I would definitely join you. Smile
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:39 am

I've got to rent many movies over break..

Orphan - thrilling, liked it, recommend
Them - a French thriller, very disturbing, recommend
Paranormal Activity - finally saw it, actually thought it was scary but I see why others wouldn't, decent..
Frontiers - French horror film, crazy, recommend
The Goods - comedy...lousy movie, don't waste your time
So I Married An Axe Murderer - finally saw the whole thing, pretty funny, recommend

*Martyrs - French thriller/suspense, saw for a second time...Highly Recommend.

The French know how to make some good horror movies.
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:48 am

Samantha wrote:I've got to rent many movies over break..

Orphan - thrilling, liked it, recommend
Them - a French thriller, very disturbing, recommend
Paranormal Activity - finally saw it, actually thought it was scary but I see why others wouldn't, decent..
Frontiers - French horror film, crazy, recommend
The Goods - comedy...lousy movie, don't waste your time
So I Married An Axe Murderer - finally saw the whole thing, pretty funny, recommend

*Martyrs - French thriller/suspense, saw for a second time...Highly Recommend.

The French know how to make some good horror movies.

AGREED. One of my all-time favorites. Top 5 for sure, plus a have a major sweet spot for Mike Myers.
Chrissy
Chrissy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 24  Next