Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what was the last movie you watched

+24
cl-lola
Sam
Cezzie
Whitney
Sarah!
Serenity-helena
rhi
Heather
cheesybeans
Summer
Karen
Chrissy
SarahJayne
Mark
tornmuscle
Piper
Camm
SmileAWhile
Mr. G Rules
Donna.♥
sugarpuff
Vi
Hamishmash
samskudraven
28 posters

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next

Go down

what was the last movie you watched - Page 15 Empty Re: what was the last movie you watched

Post by SmileAWhile Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:17 am

Just watched Mean Girls again cos it was just shown on TV over here. Love that film! Very Happy

I should be watching Avatar 3D on Saturday (yes it took me a while to catch up! Razz ) and I'm looking forward to it.
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

what was the last movie you watched - Page 15 Empty Re: what was the last movie you watched

Post by Whitney Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:54 am

Samantha wrote:I've got to rent many movies over break..

Orphan - thrilling, liked it, recommend
Them - a French thriller, very disturbing, recommend
Paranormal Activity - finally saw it, actually thought it was scary but I see why others wouldn't, decent..
Frontiers - French horror film, crazy, recommend
The Goods - comedy...lousy movie, don't waste your time
So I Married An Axe Murderer - finally saw the whole thing, pretty funny, recommend

*Martyrs - French thriller/suspense, saw for a second time...Highly Recommend.

The French know how to make some good horror movies.

Foreign films in general are phenomenal. I'm fancy them tremendously. Another French horror film is "Inside". I caution you, it's not for the light-hearted. Far too gory for my liking. I usually don't mind gore, but this is just...far too much. My body ached once the film concluded.
Whitney
Whitney

https://www.facebook.com/#/profile.php?ref=name&id=566468044

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:31 pm

i watched a French horror once, can't remember for the life of me what it was called. just that there were lesbians in it Razz

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by tornmuscle Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:49 pm

I think the reason foreign films are so good is because the only ones released outside of their country/area of origin are the good ones. The crappy ones aren't worth export.

But subtitles always do add an air of sophistication.
tornmuscle
tornmuscle

https://www.youtube.com/user/NameInVainProduction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Whitney wrote:Foreign films in general are phenomenal. I'm fancy them tremendously. Another French horror film is "Inside". I caution you, it's not for the light-hearted. Far too gory for my liking. I usually don't mind gore, but this is just...far too much. My body ached once the film concluded.

YES! I've heard of it and it's on my "to see" list. I love blood in movies but it is possible to have too much..if it takes away from the story.

I'm interested in controversial films as well...one I really want to see is Cannibal Holocaust (1980).

And I watched Sunshine Cleaning (amy adams, emily blunt) last night. It was pretty good.
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Currently watching 'Bruno'. i dont know quite how i should be feeling about this but i love it lol Shocked

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:30 pm

I love gay men, clearly. -------------------------->
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by tornmuscle Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:36 pm

I saw Bruno in theatres and LOVED it. I really need to look into buying the DVD.
tornmuscle
tornmuscle

https://www.youtube.com/user/NameInVainProduction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Bruno is hilarious, loved it.
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:08 am

I finally went to see Avatar in 3D this evening and it was truly amazing! James Cameron is a genius! The graphics were sensational and it was quite a touching storyline. Very Happy
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by cl-lola Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:13 am

I saw Avatar last week. It was a good storyline, and I agree the graphics are amazing, but it just seemed to go on, and on, and on! I know James Cameron is known for his epic's, and I was expecting it to be long, but there were so many points when it could have ended, but didn't.
I have to admit though, the main guy in it is pretty damn hawt!
I watched this interview with him with my friend, and he started talking, and we were like 'OMG he's Australian!' (or maybe from New Zealand - sorry if I've offended anyone!) We have this thing about Aussie guys Wink
cl-lola
cl-lola

Back to top Go down

Post by cl-lola Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:15 am

Actually, I have a thing about Aussie everything! LOL
I truly have an obsession. Mum thinks I should see someone!
I was like 'Gee! Thanks Mum! That's reassuring, my own mother thinks I'm mad!'
cl-lola
cl-lola

Back to top Go down

Post by SmileAWhile Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:25 am

The film was long but it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would because I found it quite gripping. I thought the actual storyline was quite simplistic and kinda predictable but still touching. It usually does turn out that the less complicated storylines tend to grab the most attention though. But yes for the graphics alone, it is a truly stunning film.

Yeah I do find that once you are such a huge fan of some people from a particular foreign country, you tend to get immersed in their culture and have a soft spot for their countrymen. Wink I'd love to visit Australia and NZ (yes because of FOTC and other people! Razz ) someday. Smile
SmileAWhile
SmileAWhile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:22 am

I really want to see Bran Nue Dae, a new Aussie movie with Jessica Mauboy. Other than that it doesn't look like there's a lot out right now! Sad
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Camm Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:19 am

cl-lola wrote:I saw Avatar last week. It was a good storyline, and I agree the graphics are amazing, but it just seemed to go on, and on, and on! I know James Cameron is known for his epic's, and I was expecting it to be long, but there were so many points when it could have ended, but didn't.
I have to admit though, the main guy in it is pretty damn hawt!
I watched this interview with him with my friend, and he started talking, and we were like 'OMG he's Australian!' (or maybe from New Zealand - sorry if I've offended anyone!) We have this thing about Aussie guys Wink

No, he's Australian. And in everything now apparently.
Camm
Camm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:23 am

I know! He's popping up everywhere these days!
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:25 am

A '3 Stooges' film is being created. It is rumored that the film will be starring Jim Carrey, Benicio Del Toro and Sean Penn.
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:26 pm

^ oooh how cool, i love Benicio del Toro Smile my boyfriend got the 'Che' films for Christmas and i've yet to watch them Smile

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:11 pm

Just watched Plata Quemada and loved it. Although it didnt end how i wanted it to at all Sad((

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:41 pm

^ I've been meaning to see this, actually. Although it didn't conclude the way you wanted it to..would you still recommend it?
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:40 am

Yeah, Avatar definitely could have been cut down.

Saw "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" last night. Heath Leger's last film - didn't even get to finish his role.

The movie was very magical and there was some great acting (and some not so great) but it was too dull and boring for what it could have been. Too much long drawn out talking and less Imaginarium I think Sad
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:19 am

Whitney wrote:^ I've been meaning to see this, actually. Although it didn't conclude the way you wanted it to..would you still recommend it?

Yes i would, you'll see why i thought that though Wink Its a good gritty film with a good dose of gay love thrown in!

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitney Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Alrighty, then I shall see it! thank you. Smile
Whitney
Whitney

Back to top Go down

Post by rhi Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Matilda's on TV atm. I love this film!!! I used to watch it a lot with my sister about ten years ago, such a feel good, happy film Smile

rhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:17 pm

^ yup Smile seen it a MANY times. "the entire confection!"
Sam
Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 24 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 24  Next